MSE News: 'Super-complaint' launched over train delay payouts

Which? submits 'super-complaint' to the rail regulator demanding it takes action to make train delay claims easier...
Read the full story:

''Super-complaint' launched over train delay payouts'

OfficialStamp.gif

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

Replies

• edited 21 December 2015 at 3:13PM
    DonnySaverDonnySaver Forumite
    547 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts
    ✭✭
    edited 21 December 2015 at 3:13PM
    This is hardly suprising. They charge the Earth, provide a poor service and then try and avoid compensating you when things go really wrong.

I ALWAYS put in a claim if I am delayed. However, with the 2 most recent claims I've submitted there have been significant delays in the train companies paying out. They try and wriggle out of it wherever they can it would seem.
  • VT82VT82 Forumite
    1.1K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Ignoring whether or not the compensation terms or payments are too generous, I don't like the Which? guy's phrasing: 'Millions of passengers are left out of pocket each year'. Out of pocket means paying too much for something or not getting something you've paid for - you're not 'out of pocket' just because you're train was a bit late and you didn't claim the compensation you could get. Spoils the whole article for me.
  • stonemanstoneman Forumite
    4.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't like that East Coast trains only give you a travel voucher that expires in 12 months and you have to go to a train station to use it.
    The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.
  • wealdroamwealdroam Forumite
    19.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    stoneman wrote: »
    I don't like that East Coast trains only give you a travel voucher that expires in 12 months and you have to go to a train station to use it.
    I guess you didn't read MSE's news article earlier this year:
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Stoozing, sublets & summer sips

This week's MSE Forum highlights

MSE News

Martin Lewis quizzes Rishi Sunak

Watch the cost of living support Q&A here

Join the MSE Forum discussion

48 craft beers for £50 delivered

One-off bundle for newbies. Excludes Northern Ireland

MSE Deals