Hotel Style Biscuits

Afternoon all,

I'm wondering if you could help...

I'm creating a hot drink hamper for my presents this year and am searching for the small packets of biscuits like you get in a hotel.

Any idea where I can go?

TIA xx
Back in the red :mad::mad:
CC: £1829
Overdraft: £2000
Catalogues: £350
Grocery Challenge: February 2016 £51/£300
Earn £2016 in 2016: £0/£2016

Comments

• duchy
    duchy Posts: 19,511 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Xmas Saver!
    Amazon or a local cash and carry ?

If you have a regular corner shop they may be able to get them for you as part of their next run to the cash and carry.
    I Would Rather Climb A Mountain Than Crawl Into A Hole

MSE Florida wedding .....no problem
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 17 December 2015 at 4:17PM
    I've no idea, but I do know my sibling has some and gave me some - and she'd have not had access to unusual places to shop, nor have bought online, nor gone to a cash and carry. I didn't ask, but I got the impression she'd got them from Aldi.... but certainly a "normal shop" in a "small town". No out of the ordinary measures ... she'd just seen them while shopping. Regular shops she's in are Asda/Aldi at the 4rse end of the country.

They have a special name (not 'hotel biscuits') ....can't recall it. I bet if you find the special name, then you can google it and find them.

Just worked out the special name: biscoff
    http://www.lotusbiscuits.co.uk/where-to-buy-lotus/ - with shopfinder, put your postcode in.

For me it said: all the local supermarkets
  • Thank you both, I've had a look on Amazon - minimum is 48, I only really want 15 packs max. I'm going to have a look in my local supermarkets and then if all else fails do an Amazon order.

Thank you both for your help - I really appreciate it xx
  • I've been buying packets of Lotus caramelised biscuits in Poundland - I think there's approx 20 individually wrapped packets of 2 biscuits for £1. They should still have them around, they did last week.
  • Hermia
    Hermia Posts: 4,473 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Do any supermarkets near you stock Bonne Maman? Their tartlets come individually wrapped and they look far more like biscuits than cakes. The choc hazlenet ones and the raspberry ones are lovely.
    04624181 Posts: 565 Forumite
    poundland and home bargains do them xx
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,680 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    I've been buying packets of Lotus caramelised biscuits in Poundland - I think there's approx 20 individually wrapped packets of 2 biscuits for £1. They should still have them around, they did last week.
    I was going to suggest this, our friends had bought a packet last week and passed them round in the pub.

They were quite nice - would have tasted better dunked in tea or coffee rather than the various beer, cider and G&T that we had. :rotfl:
  • Haha - biscuits in gin.

I found little boxes of 6 Mcvitties biscuits for £1 in B+M last night. They're a selection box of biscuits. Lovely.

Thank you all very much for your help though
  • Our local, quite small, Tesco sells Lotus biscuits. They come in two types of pack. One pack is like most other biscuits, the other contains mini packs of two individually wrapped biscuits.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure