Where can I find decent slipper socks

Options
Any idea on where to buy some good quality slipper socks please?

I bought a pair from Next in November (£14), about 4 weeks later they started falling apart with the bottoms giving way. I only wore them for a few hours in the evening and at the weekend. I then bought a pair from Monsoon (£12), the bobble thingy came off within 2hrs of wearing that evening. I can't be bothered to take them back for a decorative thing but I fear they aren't going to survive either!

I just want a pair that will last and also fit my 4.5 size feet but where do I go?

Comments

• Lisbon
    Lisbon Posts: 415 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Try M&S. Given your size, try buying a pair aimed at teenage boys - they should be pretty robust!
  • Timpu
    Timpu Posts: 310 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Lisbon wrote: »
    Try M&S. Given your size, try buying a pair aimed at teenage boys - they should be pretty robust!

Cracking idea, particularly looking in the teen boys section - thank you!
  • jennifermartin
    Options
    Have you looked on Amazon?
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,474 Forumite
    Options
    Aldi have some for girls (toddler upwards) but the largest are 4-5. They are grey or pink with a dog design. two pairs in a pack and cheap enough to wear and throw away. They also have boy ones with camouflage and other suitable designs.
  • jenniewb
    jenniewb Posts: 12,836 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm not a teenage boy so can't vouch for the industrial stress they may be under when worn by such, but I have few pairs on rotation from Primark (I wash them every few days so have another pair/s as standby pairs) and I've not bought any few pairs for about 3 years now, no need to.

I think they generally cost around £2.50 to £5 for a pair or a bundle of pairs and IME they seem to last fairly well and they are easy enough to wash with a normal wash.
  • adandem
    adandem Posts: 3,592 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    TK Maxx often have Totes slipper socks at good prices.
  • Timpu
    Timpu Posts: 310 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you everyone! I now have a number of shops I can go to rather than rattling from one to another without success. Guess what I'll be doing after I finish work on Monday :D
  • NinaLive
    Options
    If everything failed - M&S is doing sale of these items. I've seen it myself couple of days ago.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure