We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

comparing electricity and gas prices

2»

Comments

  • Cherryscone
    Cherryscone Posts: 1,412 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Honkycat wrote: »
    what made you change back Cherryscone?
    I just seemed to be topping up the meter and I didnt notice a saving I went with the better the devil you know stance but that was a couple off years ago
    ~We are all going to hell and guess who Is driving the bus~
    *Norn Iron club Member 294* (Hi, we’ve had to remove part of your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE Forum Team)
  • snowmen
    snowmen Posts: 691 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Just as an update I did the same with my MIL who is also on budget but on a keypad.
    Again on the phone for less than 2 minutes and put on to the cheaper loyalty tariff - should save her around £25 a year. Better in her pocket than theirs!
    Worth checking what tariff you are on (whichever company you use) and see if you can get cheaper!
  • CEON44
    CEON44 Posts: 487 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited 21 December 2015 at 7:09PM
    New update on Dec 16th. Looks like Budget are now cheapest on keypad at 13.74p. 0.02p dearer than Click. Although I think you may need new contract with Budget, not sure?? Click is contract free

    http://www.consumercouncil.org.uk/energy/electricity-gas-price-comparison
    I started out with nothing......And still have most of it left:p
  • guiriman
    guiriman Posts: 537 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper
    Just did this and straight onto the lowest tariff, no mention of contracts :)
  • caz2703
    caz2703 Posts: 3,630 Forumite
    I phoned SSE earlier to check what they had before I'd switch. Without any hassle I was moved to the 13.78p tariff plus £30 will be added to my account. I'm tied in for 1 year but from what I'm lead to believe, there's not much wiggle room left in the prices so I'm happy to sign up.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.