PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Banoffee Pie

Options
13»

Comments

• ellas9602
    ellas9602 Posts: 721 Forumite
    Options
    Hello

Trying to use up some manky bananas so made a base for banoffee pie and have whipped a pot of cream. Was going to make thetoffee sauce using condensed milk i opened lst week but just tasted it and its turned sour. How else can i make a toffee sauce? I have a packet of instant custard i was thinking maybe i could toffee it up somehow? any suggestions? thanks old stylers:D
  • zippychick
    zippychick Posts: 9,364 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    you could make toffee sauce by melting butter and sugar, whisking and adding cream? there is one older thread

we also have a bannoffie pie thread

well merge this later - good luck!

Zip
    A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men :cool:
    Norn Iron club member #380

• kymbogs
    kymbogs Posts: 538 Forumite
    Options
    ellas9602 wrote: »
    Hello

Trying to use up some manky bananas so made a base for banoffee pie and have whipped a pot of cream. Was going to make the toffee sauce using condensed milk i opened last week but just tasted it and its turned sour. How else can i make a toffee sauce? I have a packet of instant custard i was thinking maybe i could toffee it up somehow? any suggestions? thanks old stylers:D

I made some mini banoffee tartlet things the other day and made the toffee sauce following part of a sticky toffee pud recipe. It called for 2 tbsp butter, 200g brown sugar and 175ml double cream....however I didn't have cream of any sort so just used milk, and probably more like 125ml of milk as I wanted the sauce a bit thicker. Worked out alright!
    :heartpulsSpoiling my two baby girls with love - it's free and it's fun!:heartpuls

I'm not very good at succinct. Why say something in 10 words when 100 will do?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure