Moonwalk 2015

I have signed up to do the london 2015 moonwalk. I thought I would see if any other moonwalkers wanted to get an online support thread going.

I signed up to the event to give me something to aim for and keep training through the winter months. I am a fair bit overweight, but I am quite good at walking.

I have done about half a dozen training walks so far of 5 to 6 miles. Distance was more due to time constraints. Last summer I did my longest walk of 11 miles, so I need to double that and almost half again! (Although it was over the downs, so quite hard work).

Hopefully some others will join me in here so I don't end up just typing it for myself.

Comments

• Good luck :) it's supposed to be amazing :)

HBS x
    "I believe in ordinary acts of bravery, in the courage that drives one person to stand up for another."

"It's easy to know what you're against, quite another to know what you're for."

#Bremainer
  • I did the Moonwalk a few years ago, I hope you have an amazing time!

I haven't signed up this year as I had twin boys 8 weeks ago, and am still recovering; I'm looking for a walk I can do next year which is challenging but that I can take the pushchair on! I have a couple of stones to lose as well, hopefully the walking will help.

Happy to keep posting here to encourage you (and me!) - do you have a training plan you could share?
    Finally debt free!! March 2018 :j
  • jackomdj
    jackomdj Posts: 3,073 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Thanks, I am excited about doing it.

My children both think it's hilarious that I will be walking around Lndon in my bra :-)
  • jackomdj
    I did the Moonwalk a few years ago, I hope you have an amazing time!

I haven't signed up this year as I had twin boys 8 weeks ago, and am still recovering; I'm looking for a walk I can do next year which is challenging but that I can take the pushchair on! I have a couple of stones to lose as well, hopefully the walking will help.

Happy to keep posting here to encourage you (and me!) - do you have a training plan you could share?

Congratulations Rubyslippers. It must be hard work with twins.

I haven't downloaded their training plan but they have one on the moonwalk site.

I am trying to do loops around the area I live when I have free time, work full time then evenings are often busy with brownies, guides, netball, swimming (the children have a better social life than me, I have become chief taxi driver!)

I can squeeze in an hour and a half without rearranging plans so that is what I have done so far, last 3:
    5.42m 1h 31 av pace 16:46
    5.22m 1h 23 av pace 15.49
    5.16m 1h 23 av pace 16.11

My plan is for tomorrow's to be about 7 miles, as OH is home tomorrow and we don't need to run around anywhere.

I used to enjoy walking when my children were little. In the winter they did need bundling up more than you thought they would need, just because they are not moving around.
  • Don't you mean 2016 lol?

Walk the walk is an amazing charity - I've done the London Moonwalk and the Edinburgh Moonwalk twice.

I've got my eye on entering the Nijmegan Marches for them next year....fingers crossed I can get a place
  • jackomdj
    I haven't done very well updating this thread!

The moonwalk is now just three weeks away. I have done ok with my training, currently done 13.2 max, this weekend I am planning on doing 18.

I had a little blip a couple of weeks ago when I wore some new sports socks and my heel ended up fully blistered. I have now bought some 1000 mile socks which seem to be brilliant.

My sponsorship is going ok, all online so far. I have a paper sponsor form I need to take into work so hopefully I will get some more that way.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure