Is it ok....

Options
To add to your invitation politely that you would prefer not to have chocolates to be given as a present to yourself?

I've stopped eating chocolates & sweets etc & most of the people invited to my party know me as being a chocoholic. I want to make sure that I'm not tempted by being given chocolates or sweets but how do I achieve this without seeming fussy?

Thanks!
2019 Wins: Feb: £10 Aldi Voucher, Frankie & Benny's meal for 2; May: Game from Maynards. June: 2x tickets to Foodies Festival July: £100 September: £30; October: £1000, Goldfinch Merch Pack

Thanks those who post Comps

Comments

• MRSMCAWBER
    MRSMCAWBER Posts: 5,442 Forumite
    Options
    Hi there Zulubabe

I dont see why not....if everyone knows you as a chocoholic why not just put a light hearted foot note on your invites....i know i would rather know than buy you choccies and not know that im hindering your new healthier lifestyle.

Im about the same weight as you and as you can see from my signature ive recently got off the choccie train:D .. and i would like to think that anyone who i was close enough to to invite to a party would understand if i asked for no choccies....

Good luck with the healthy eating by the way:T
    -6 -8 -3 -1.5 -2.5 -3 -1.5-3.5
  • zulubabe
    zulubabe Posts: 974 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi MrsMacawber - thanks for that - I've added a little note to the bottom of my invite - just hope people read it - you're doing so very well on your weight loss! Congrats!!
    2019 Wins: Feb: £10 Aldi Voucher, Frankie & Benny's meal for 2; May: Game from Maynards. June: 2x tickets to Foodies Festival July: £100 September: £30; October: £1000, Goldfinch Merch Pack

Thanks those who post Comps
  • m.fields
    Options
    hehe.
    i was about to say that they'd know how you were trying to lose weight and understand. good luck!:beer:
  • LJM
    LJM Posts: 4,535 Forumite
    Options
    congratulations on weight loss,im terrible for chooccie i dont keep it in the house otherwise the temptation to scoff is always there
    :xmastree:Is loving life right now,yes I am a soppy fool who believes in the simple things in life :xmastree:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure