PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Saturday 28th November 2015

Options
2»

Comments

• Rainy-Days
    Rainy-Days Posts: 1,454 Forumite
    Options
    Thw weather has only really started to 'beef' up in the last half an hour. Its raining at the moment with a strong wind driving it!

After sorting out the four legged family members, I blitzed the kitchen. Took everything all off the worksurfaces and really gave everything a damn good clean down! Even though it's cleaned everyday, it's amazing when you move stuff and really wash down tiles how much cleaner it makes it all. Nice sparkly clean kitchen!

Just had a shower and having a huge mug of tomato soup. Heating is on. Not going anywhere at all. :)

Have agreat day all :beer:
    Cat, Dogs and the Horses are our fag and beer money :D :beer:
  • candlelight_2013
    Options
    Hello all,

Horrible weather here, cold and wet.

RD I am not going anywhere either. I did a bit of washing which I dried in the TD, and all 3 of us have just had a bowl of chicken soup with some rice crackers. Himself is just watching the qualifying of the GP (in between nodding off). When mentioned he says he is resting his eyes :):):)

DGD1 is upstairs tidying her bedroom. She is going out early this evening with a friend she used to work with, for a meal and then BF will come round later.

Have checked on a friend's husband who had a pacemaker fitted on Tuesday. Still in a lot of pain but progressing well. They were just off for a gentle walk around the block so I told them to wrap up well, it is very cold here.

I am trying to empty the freezer so I can restock, so we are having a ready meal each from M&S which I found in the bottom. I usually keep a couple in for emergencies. Not much more to go, we have been living out of the freezer this week, and then next week I will defrost and clean it.

Have a good day all, stay safe and warm

Candlelightx
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Afternoon everyone, the weather has just 'arrived' here too, I'd just got Cookie back to the pub as it started raining, luckily we're only 100 yards or so up the road so I didn't get very wet coming home. The wind really picked up half way round our walk and I could see the rain rolling towards us across the river, never mind, I'm inside for the afternoon and going to do some ironing and then read my book, bliss.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Little Miss REDRUBY hope you all have a lovely day, Lyn xxx
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Afternoon all,

wet and miserable here today too. Shopping has been bought and put away. Quick visit to the outlaws and popped round to see my oldest friend when we got back to see the renovations both she and her husband have done to her childhood home a few doors up the road. It looks lovely.

In until tonight when i go to visit Mother. I havent been for a week due to going away so i dont know what to expect. I know the girls would have rung me if there was a problem.... Well they did actually, not that there was a problem, just to tell me that the Home has now changed hands. Maybe they will do something now with the building. The care the girls give is good, the food is excellent but the building is shabby. The rooms are tatty.

Havent seen Youngest since he came back from working away last night. A quick shower and he was out the door again. Hubby is sleeping the clock round but thats good. He's grumpy when he's tired.

No news from my daughter in SA today, i sent her a message first thing to see how the poorlies are but she hasnt replied. She must be rushed off her feet with most of the adults and Soldier suffering with mumps and 6 babies to look after as well.

Onwards and forwards,

have a great day all.
  • camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Happy 21st to Miss Redruby, hope you all have a lovely day. XX
  • TravellingAbuela
    Options
    Afternoon all. The wretched weather that was forecast hit us around lunchtime too. I am still dithering as to whether to brave it and pay a quick visit to Asda. I don't shop there usually (too big, too busy and too noisy) but I see they have the litre Baileys on offer again for £10 so wouldn't mind getting a couple of those for Christmas. Also the £4 a kilo beef which is on offer again. I got a couple of big joints last year before Xmas and each joint went a L-O-N-G way.

Got the belated Friday cleaning done this morning and, after lunch of HM Tomato & Basil soup and a bagel, got my feet up on the sofa for a while. I feel much more comfortable "down below" for doing so. Some chicken defrosting to make a (mildish) curry for late tea. It's ages since we had any and I have a right longing for some! I'll time it to be ready for dishing up come Strictly time! (Highlight of my week! Sad or what!)

Enjoy the rest of the day if you can xx
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • Rainy-Days
    Options
    Got to say it's going to be a rough ole night weatherwise for the majority of us. Wind is pretty strong and gusty, occasional squally showers but it's quite noisy.

Watching one of the old Christmas classics of Only Fools & Horses (the Margate trip) on one of the Sky channels. Seen it goodness knows how many times but it's still fab :T love nights like these though, house is toasty warm, feet up and watching something good on the box!
  • System
    Options
    Just back from going to visit Mom, she was sleeping peacefully. She looked so comfortable and snug.

My brothers girlfriend is doing her best to annoy me and i'm doing my best to not let her.

I started taking Mom magazines (she can read but not talk... strange i know) then my brother and his girlfriend started taking magazines, they never bothered before. I started taking her fruit. Mother loves fruit and ive noticed they have started taking her fruit.

I'm going to take her some flowers....:D

She's upset the staff too and they caught her trying to ram Mothers teeth in yesterday. Her jaw has shrunk and her teeth no longer fit her mouth.:(
  • Rainy-Days
    Options
    Judi - what the blummin heck is going on? Seriously, I think you should speak with the nursing staff and see if you can keep this woman away from your Mum! You know what I would almost be inclined to set up one of those camera pens in her room and try and find out what else she is up on the QT

Quite honestly that is worrying behaviour :mad: I often think when the elderly are frail they almost become childlike, if you get my meaning in sofar that their needs have to be met in a similar way. Blimey you would not allow that to happen to a child and it's not acceptable for your Mum either. Lack of care, lack of respect and a total disregard for personal boundaries!

Anyway, normally I would be in bed at this time, but the wind and rain - well it's a bit on the noisy side of things! I don't think (as a light sleeper) I am going to get much in the way of deep sleep tonight :(
  • System
    Options
    Judi - what the blummin heck is going on? Seriously, I think you should speak with the nursing staff and see if you can keep this woman away from your Mum! You know what I would almost be inclined to set up one of those camera pens in her room and try and find out what else she is up on the QT

I'm going to have a word with the manager on Tuesday. I want Mothers door left open at all times when they visit. Only problem with that is that her room is right opposite the door that is left open to go outside and she will go cold. Some of the residents smoke you see and they have to go outside.

I'll sort it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport