MSE News: Autumn Statement 2015: Compensation for 15 minute train delays planned

Commuters will be able to claim compensation for train delays of just 15 minutes, under new plans revealed today...
Read the full story:

Autumn Statement 2015: Compensation for 15 minute train delays planned

OfficialStamp.gif

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

Replies

• martindowmartindow Forumite
    9.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    I suspect this may only encourage train companies to add extra recovery time between the last stop and the terminus. In normal circumstances trains will arrive before their published time to give an extra cushion avoiding late running payments.
  • wealdroamwealdroam Forumite
    19.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    martindow wrote: »
    I suspect this may only encourage train companies to add extra recovery time between the last stop and the terminus. In normal circumstances trains will arrive before their published time to give an extra cushion avoiding late running payments.
    But aren't the 'late running payments' you refer to ones imposed by the Government?

I think George was referring to refunds that are due a passenger because they have been delayed on their journey.

If the passenger is not travelling to the terminal station, he isn't concerned about what time the train arrives there.
  • One-EyeOne-Eye Forumite
    59.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    What about passengers who are not commuters?

Why does the media, including in this instance MSE, think everyone using a train is a commuter?
  • sammyjammysammyjammy Forumite
    6.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    One-Eye wrote: »
    What about passengers who are not commuters?

Why does the media, including in this instance MSE, think everyone using a train is a commuter?

Interesting point, poor show MSE. I guess the commuter word gets the headlines. Given the problems I'm have claiming a refund for a 37 minute delay (they haven't even got the date right in their reply!) I can't see claiming for a 15 minute delay being much fun!
    "You've been reading SOS when it's just your clock reading 5:05 "
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides