Asda Grocery Christmas Delivery Slots Are Online Now

I've just nabbed one. (I have a monthly delivery pass) :santa2:

Comments

• sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,897 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Mine go up to December 23rd and I don't have a delivery pass.
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • sarah1972 wrote: »
    Mine go up to December 23rd and I don't have a delivery pass.

It's for everybody then :)
  • gb61
    gb61 Posts: 55 Forumite
    just checked my local, goes up to 24th, but £5!!!!! I don't have a pass but use the delivery every fortnight throughout the year, wont be using it that week for sure,
  • sarah1972
    gb61 wrote: »
    just checked my local, goes up to 24th, but £5!!!!! I don't have a pass but use the delivery every fortnight throughout the year, wont be using it that week for sure,

Neither would I !

Mind you I think its such a gamble getting deliveries close to Christmas, especially with subs and very very short dated food.

I tend to get all my non perishables a couple of weeks before and go to the shop to pick the freshest Veg and meat nearer Christmas.
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • I agree about things being out of stock or receiving short dated things and subs.

I've booked for the 22nd, and i expect i will still need to go to the Shops in person...

Nothing worse than getting an unsatisfactory delivery on the 24th of December!
  • Mine go up to the 23rd, and I don't have a Delivery Pass either. I've booked a slot as a bit of a safety net, as I want to see what Tesco have to offer when they release their dates, as I also think £5.00 is a bit excessive.

I've only once made the mistake of having a 24th delivery slot, and spent an exhausting day running around the shops at the last minute, as the subs were totally bonkers - never again.
  • williacg
    williacg Posts: 707 Forumite
    Just a brief update:

I have booked a Tesco slot for Monday 21st, between 1:00 and 2:00, for £2.50, and so will be cancelling my Asda £5.00 slot. I was hoping to get the 22nd, but it was fully booked. They are releasing further days throughout this week, so you'll need to be quick.
  • sarah1972
    williacg wrote: »
    Just a brief update:

I have booked a Tesco slot for Monday 21st, between 1:00 and 2:00, for £2.50, and so will be cancelling my Asda £5.00 slot. I was hoping to get the 22nd, but it was fully booked. They are releasing further days throughout this week, so you'll need to be quick.

That's great if you want to shop at Tesco ;)
  • I have just managed to get a 21st delivery slot with Tescos too. £2.50 delivery charge though :(
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure