Conservatory Roof Conversion - North Down

in N. Ireland
4 replies 1.8K views
irishjohnirishjohn Forumite
1.3K Posts
Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
✭✭✭
I'm thinking of having my polycarbonate roof replaced with one of the tiled and insulated jobs that are being advertised currently.

Anyone had it done and able to give feedback? Looking for Recommendations for suppliers - approximate cost and size of yours and how much mess / disruption there will be and for how long. My roof is 200cm by 325cm - a simple sloping roof and there will be no need for any electrical work as there is alread electric lighting in the part of the ceiling which is solid.

Thank you
John

Replies

• I have had a Few people out pricing me this week ... Geogeghan seemed very good and not badly priced. Focus windows , not a great spiel and wasn't impressed that they could do a professional job. Better homes talked for Britain and quoted Us Almost as much as it was to get the conservatory built to start with ( it's 12x13 ft ) we have yet to get cosy roof out and if we don't get anyone suitable it's back to the drawing board
    Can you recommend anyone ? It's a few weeks since you posted
  • RikMRikM Forumite
    769 Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 500 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Out of interest, doesn't that mean your conservatory is no longer a conservatory? The definition appears to require a transparent/translucent roof...
  • RikM wrote: »
    Out of interest, doesn't that mean your conservatory is no longer a conservatory? The definition appears to require a transparent/translucent roof...

Building control still see it as a conservatory but with an upgraded roof. Could never see the point of conservatories here. Unusable 6 months of the year even with the upgraded roof.
  • rexelrexel Forumite
    588 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts
    ✭✭
    Thinking about getting roof done like this is there any futher updates on who is good
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Bacon flavoured toothpaste

Can you help this Forumite track some down?

Join the Forum discussion

£10 Christmas bonus

For benefits recipients

MSE News