MSE News: Sainsbury's shoppers can double Nectar points from today in time for Xmas

Nectar customers can double their points' value to spend on items including toys, Christmas decorations and homeware...
Read the full story:

Sainsbury's shoppers can double Nectar points from today in time for Christmas

OfficialStamp.gif

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

Comments

• Makeandsave
    Makeandsave Posts: 3,789 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Does anyone know if they offer a discount on buying 6 bottles of the wine/Cava?
    Jan Wins: .
  • I posted a thread about this on 25th October; http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5347594

Our "local" Sainsbury's is not large & is 30-odd miles away; according to my better half it was very busy with customers doing the "double-up exchange" - and that was by about 9:30 a.m. .
    The vouchers have been very-wisely used in this household. ;)
    Makeandsave Does anyone know if they offer a discount on buying 6 bottles of the wine/Cava?
    AFAIK not at the moment, no.
  • Dollardog
    Dollardog Posts: 1,774 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 19 November 2015 at 5:41AM
    In the MSE article, it says -
    'So if you change your mind about a double-up item, as long as you have proof of purchase and it's in its original condition, it can be returned or exchanged within 30 days in line with Sainsbury's usual returns policy. However, instead of the points being returned to your balance, you'll instead be given a monetary refund of the double-up amount.
    For example, if you swap £5 worth of points for a £10 double-up voucher, and buy something costing £10, you'll get a cash refund of the £10.'
    According to Sainsbury's customer service, this is wrong. I asked in store today and they said they wouldn't do that as it would be like giving money away, you would only get the value of the points spent, eg, if you had spent £10 of your points on a £20 voucher and bought a dress for £20 then took that back, you would only get a £10 refund as that was the value of the points used to buy it.
    I asked the store to check that with their head office as I had been told different, but their head office confirmed that it would be just the value of the points used that would be refunded.
    Also, they said it would be given back on a refund card, to be spent in store, not cash.

• no1catman
    no1catman Posts: 2,972 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    That is how I would expect it to be - puzzled why anyone would think otherwise.
    I used to work for Tesco - now retired - speciality Clubcard
  • Makeandsave
    Makeandsave Posts: 3,789 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    I managed to double up £40 for 6 bottles of Cava, £10 towards a Blueray and £10 for some mens shirts in the Sale, I did want some festive stuff but that double up was not working. Happy :)
    Jan Wins: .
  • Dollardog
    Dollardog Posts: 1,774 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    no1catman wrote: »
    That is how I would expect it to be - puzzled why anyone would think otherwise.

Because that was a quote from the article on here that said otherwise!!
  • Towser
    Towser Posts: 1,303 Forumite
    How can/do you double up?

Using up your nectar points on ebay does not seem to be good value at all.
  • Towser wrote: »
    How can/do you double up?

Using up your nectar points on ebay does not seem to be good value at all.

Go to the customer service desk and ask them to change the points you have to a double up voucher.
  • Pincher
    Pincher Posts: 6,552 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    It's probably best to take the merchandise to the service desk, and do the deal in one go. If you get the voucher, for one category, and the item you want is sold out, what are you going to do with the voucher?

Annoyingly, had to pay £5 on top, and the card machine didn't take Contactless, so missed out on the 5% TSB cashback.

I suppose I could have taken the voucher and the item to a regular check-out. Lost 25p by not thinking fast enough.

Actually, I also missed out on a spend £15, get £2.25 off voucher, which expired 21 November. Really losing my touch there.
  • faddy
    faddy Posts: 508 Forumite
    Dollardog wrote: »
    I asked in store today and they said they wouldn't do that as it would be like giving money away, you would only get the value of the points spent, eg, if you had spent £10 of your points on a £20 voucher and bought a dress for £20 then took that back, you would only get a £10 refund as that was the value of the points used to buy it.[/COLOR]
    I asked the store to check that with their head office as I had been told different, but their head office confirmed that it would be just the value of the points used that would be refunded.
    Also, they said it would be given back on a refund card, to be spent in store, not cash.

I asked my local store and they agreed with MSE - a cash refund of the full price of the item. Haven't been able to check this as I didn't buy anything in the end.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.9K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure