Cheap ways to straighten frizzy hair?

Options
Hi everybody!

My hair is naturally frizzy and it looks really ugly if I don't straighten it.. on humid days I sometimes straighten my hair twice because I just can't stand to see it fly all over the place.

Thing is, I'm tired of spending so much money on all sorts of conditioners. My hair just gets more "shiny" but it doesn't help with the frizziness..

I've seen online that for my type of hair, I should get argan oil.. is that true? All that stuff is super expensive (for me at least) and I wanna make sure I get something that really works.

Also, I've seen a hair brush straightener thingy on facebook and it seems like it wouldn't really work for me (I mean, the girl in the video seems to have pretty straight hair naturally..) Has anybody tried it?

I can post pics of my unstraightened hair if need be..

Thanks a lot!

Erika

Comments

• cashewnut
    Options
    Argan oil from Primark is £2 or £2.50 I think! I use that or the mini tresemme heat defence spray, which again is less than £3.
  • cashewnut
    Options
    I would also recommend giving up conditioner. A hairdresser recommended this to me and my hair is loads better.
  • Kim_kim
    Kim_kim Posts: 3,726 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Straighteners - that's all you need, I don't use conditioner or products.
  • FBaby
    FBaby Posts: 18,367 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I don't think any shampoo is going to do it. Saying that, I started buying a cheap shampoo and condition, £1 each and it is the best shampoo I've ever used. It claims to have Argan Oil.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure