Problem with Sports Direct Fitness membership

Options
Hi guys, I wondered if you could please help me with this problem. It is really stessing me out.

Last Thursday I joined Sports Direct Fitness at my local branch. I was charged prorata to the end of October (so it was only £1 something) plus £19.99 for the month of November. I paid this onto my Visa Debit card. My first monthly Direct Debit payment of £19.99 will come out of my bank account on 1 December.

Since joining though I have had many problems. I formally had a free 1 month trial membership with Sports Direct Fitness and their system could not handle me having a second membership record. Therefore, I only received my membership card today. The membership I paid for last week was not showing up on the system. As such I have to explain myself at the front desk to get in and only been able to go my home club - even though my membership is multi site access. I have also been unable to book fitness classes.

I was given my membership card today and was told I would now be able to book online, but that I could not do the calsses I wanted today because they were fully booked already. I went home and tried to log on and I was getting a message saying that there was no record of my email address. I phoned the club and the lady I spoke to said she would email Head Office. Later on today I was able to log on and reset my password. However, upon logging on I am getting a message saying: There is a query on my membership and that I need to buy a membership in order to make class bookings. I am therefore unable to book.

This really is stressing me out. The reason I joined is because of the classes and I am really not sure what to do.

Comments

• asajj
    asajj Posts: 5,123 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Talk to them?
    ally.
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Go to your local gym and ask to sort it out face to face. Don't leave until you are sure your account has all the functionality it should.

In the meantime, can you book classes over the phone?

As for full classes, these happen with all / most gyms, not much you can do about that except try to book early when the login details are sorted - in the run up to xmas many people dust of their memberships and hit the gym (esp when the weather isn't so nice to exercise outside)

You've already been given a free months membership so I wouldn't expect much more, but you could always ask if there is anything they could offer due to the issues you've had.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• Sunny_Chen
    Options
    Report the situation to the local gym.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts