Help finding a good artificial tree

Hello, every year I say I must not buy any more decorations for my tree as there's no more room but decided the simple solution is to get a bigger tree!

Has anyone seen nice ones around? I can't get out to look at them in person so have to buy online or ask my parents. I'm looking for a bushy green 6 or 6.5foot tree but I want it to be nice! Not keen on trees where you can see big gaps and wire. Downstairs we have this tree (£50 bargain but was sadly the last one in the shop)

04e0f6f0fc28f3c25f670ebdcf1d6f53_zpsc2c40f40.jpg

It has 2 different textures/type of branch but not especially looking for that or anything. That one came from home base and it's brilliant but I got a £150 fibre optic tree from there and the base broke trying to put it together followed by the fiberoptic bit dying the year after :/

Any help in finding a nice one is much appreciated
:tree:
Best wins in 2013 £200 and Mini iPad. 2014 no wins. 2015 2 nights 5* hotel with £300 vouchers plus £1150 Harrods gift card
Rehome an unwanted prize or gift with a seriously ill child through Postpals.co.uk

Comments

• How about the 6ft Newport one from The Range
    I tried posting a direct link but for some reason it kept coming up as a blank page. They have it in 7ft and 8ft too.

http://www.therange.co.uk/christmas_christmas_trees/dept/fcp-category/home?resetFilters=true
    Over futile odds
    And laughed at by the gods
    And now the final frame
    Love is a losing game
  • asajj
    asajj Posts: 5,123 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Rampant Recycler
    I think Argos has nice ones too
    ally.
  • Check on amazon they usually have quality trees and they ship fast.
  • I've spent the whole day today looking for a cheap but bushy 6.5 or 7 foot tree. I think I've looked at every one in existence... and read every review. Finally found a 6.5ft tree on Tesco Direct that has hundreds of near perfect reviews, for the pricely sum of.......£20! Haven't collected it yet so can't back up the glowing reviews but im glad I found it because I'm guessing it won't stay in stock for long
  • Hi Lolamancity
    Is the 6.5ft slim tree? I've had my eye on that one but thought I would do a bit of research first, looks like you’ve done it for me, great review and it look like there's no gaps :T
    Debt at LBM Aug 2012 £30,000 :eek: 1% at a time - Member # 178 = 100%
    Debt free date November 2015 :j :beer:
  • TheCyclingProgrammer
    TheCyclingProgrammer Posts: 3,702 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    edited 14 November 2015 at 11:03PM
    We've had a cheap Argos tree for years but we finally threw it out when we bought our first house and moved earlier this year.

Excited about decorating our own house for Christmas this year, I just treated us to a new artificial tree from Balsam Hill. Paid he extra for the pre lit version. This one:

http://www.balsamhill.co.uk/Swiss-Mountain-Pine-Slim-Christmas-Tree-p/smp-t-uk.htm?1=1&CartID=0

That's one of the cheaper ones and on sale. Some of the prices are :eek: It has a 10 year foliage warranty and 3 years on the lights though so I expect it to last us until we next move house, hopefully for many many years. Just need to find somewhere to get a nice skirt for it, I think Next have some nice ones.
  • Excited about decorating our own house for Christmas this year, I just treated us to a new artificial tree from Balsam Hill. Paid he extra for the pre lit version. This one:

http://www.balsamhill.co.uk/Swiss-Mountain-Pine-Slim-Christmas-Tree-p/smp-t-uk.htm?1=1&CartID=0

That's one of the cheaper ones and on sale. Some of the prices are :eek:

Looks fab, I've been looking longingly at their site for a few weeks now. Desperately want a realistic pre-lit one as I get totally fed up trying to put 2 sets of lights on and I don't want to do anymore after that! Trying to find a way of convincing the OH we need a £200 tree when we only bought a new one 3 years ago!
    Over futile odds
    And laughed at by the gods
    And now the final frame
    Love is a losing game
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business