Help to buy equity loan Mortgage

Hi - our broker was originally going to use Nationwide, but they have delays at the moment so we applied to Halifax. Halifax are now saying that they might be over exposed on this particular development so they might not lend. We will know for sure next week,

So, after Nationwide and Halifax, who would normally be next choice at the moment?

Just wondering so I can do a bit of research.

Thanks!

Comments

• amnblog
    amnblog Posts: 12,389
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Why are you trying to do your broker's job for them?

Any suggestions here will not be made in full knowledge of your situation.

Leave it to the person you have engaged.
    I am a Mortgage Broker

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Broker, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • OK sorry, just being impatient as nothing can be done until next week.

I will wait.

Who are Aldermore? I don't really recognise them?
  • I am a Mortgage Broker
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Broker, so you need to take my word for it.
    This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser code of conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • Thanks - I had looked at their website but wasn't sure if they are just a regular high street lender or not. Just smaller than the others maybe that's why I hadn't heard of them.
  • BG009
    BG009 Posts: 6 Forumite
    I've heard Aldermore are a very good lender
  • Thank you - I was just interested as I hadn't heard of them before. Good to hear they are a good lender as our broker may have to come up with an alternative for us next week.
  • My experience with Aldermore has always been positive.

In my opinion they are a bit more open to discussing a case for its merits rather than letting a computer decide.

Good luck with your application.
    I am a Mortgage Broker
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Broker, so you need to take my word for it.
    This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser code of conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • That sounds good. I don't know if our broker will suggest them but they might.

So far we decided against Nationwide as they have a delay at the moment.

Then Halifax we passed everything with Halifax, and valuation was about to take place when they decided they may be over exposed on the development that we like so we might not be able to use them.

We'll see what happens next week but it's good to have an idea of each of the lenders.

Thanks!
  • Octaben
    Octaben Posts: 45 Forumite
    Santander to a large number of these mortgages, may be worth looking at them, or Natwest
  • Thanks Octaben that's good to know.

I think there is still a chance with Halifax, apparently Broker should know this week, but I'm just trying to be prepared in case he comes back with other options.

I thought we were all sorted on the mortgage front, so I'm a bit upset we might be back to square one.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 234K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure