Strange question about mortgage.

Hello,

I am applying for a voluntary role in the police, and i am at the 'pre employment checks' stage. This includes a credit check for the likes of bankruptcy, CCJ, etc.

The question i have is, When the police do these checks what kind of credit check will they do? and will it affect my mortgage?

I'm asking this as i'm right in the middle of buying a house and have had a mortgage approved and just don't want anything to damage my credit file before i actually receive the funds as the mortgage company may do one last credit check before they release the funds. (is that correct?)

In my head it shouldn't affect anything as i'm not applying for credit, its just the police searching my credit history.

Does anyone have any idea?

Many thanks!

Comments

• It might pose a question regarding your employment, but other than that the credit check alone wouldn't be a problem.

Good luck with your volunteering :)
    I am a Mortgage Broker
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Broker, so you need to take my word for it.
    This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser code of conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • FTB12
    FTB12 Posts: 22 Forumite
    Thanks for the reply and the well wishes :)

Really hope it doesn't cause a problem! Applied a while ago and the everything happened all at the same time!
  • DoryB
    DoryB Posts: 19 Forumite
    I'm just through too training for the same and I have a mortgage. No one has even mentioned it from what I gather they want to check you to see how much debt you may have. The vetting process is very secretive so I don't think many people know what it actually entails.

Good luck with the role.
  • FTB12
    FTB12 Posts: 22 Forumite
    Thanks DoryB, I have heard how secretive the vetting process is!

Thanks and good luck with your training!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.3K Life & Family
  • 246.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure