Nationwide valuation instruction means what really?

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Mortgages & Endowments
5 replies 1.1K views
smz_2smz_2 Forumite
5 Posts
Fifth Anniversary Combo Breaker
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Mortgages & Endowments
Hi

I am sure this has probably been answered already but l can't seem to find any information, we have applied through a broker and l received a text from nationwide on Monday the 26th that the application has been received- at the same time the broker emails asking for 1 month's bank statement for me and my husband and 3 months payslips for my hubby and just one for myself. i sent the documents over the same day. Yesterday l received a text again informing me that the valuation has been booked for the 3rd of Nov. Now my question is IS THAT A GOOD SIGN OR NOT?don't know what to expect, anyone please help?

Thanks in advance

Replies

• betmunchbetmunch Forumite
    3.1K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nationwide instruct the valuation at the start of the process so I'm afraid it means nothing.

At least you have a date for when its going to be done
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • smz_2smz_2 Forumite
    5 Posts
    Oh okay will try and patiently wait then
  • ThrugelmirThrugelmir Forumite
    82.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    At least gives you an indication of progress. Valuations are not always conducted so promptly.
    It's not whether you're right or wrong that's important, but how much money you make when you're right and how much you lose when you're wrong." — George Soros
  • amnblogamnblog Forumite
    11.9K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lenders are keen to instruct valuation where the borrower is paying for it.

As stated by KS, a desire to put your cash in their bank account should not be taken as a yes on the mortgage.
    I am a Mortgage Broker

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Broker, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • smz_2smz_2 Forumite
    5 Posts
    Yeah l guess waiting for a response feom them is making me extremely nervous dont know what to expect.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

A guide to council tax bands

Lower your band & save £1,000s

MSE Guides

Cinema MoneySaving tips & tricks

Including year's 2for1 movies for £1

MSE Deals