Ski Gear

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Sports and Fitness MoneySaving
3 replies 959 views
mellaroomellaroo Forumite
4 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Sports and Fitness MoneySaving
Does anyone have any recommended sites for affordable ski gear?

Replies

• ciderboy2009ciderboy2009 Forumite
    911 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper Car Insurance Carver!
    ✭✭✭
    I tend to get mine on eBay - quite a lot there which has only been used for a week or two.
    Just bought myself a new ski jacket for this year - selling in the shops last year for £350. I paid £17.
  • silverwhistlesilverwhistle Forumite
    3.3K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    I prefer to try ski gear on as the sizings can be all over the place. Aldi and Lidl who sell into the large continental market do some reasonable gear including some of the useful small stuff - gloves, neck warmers etc.

TK-Maxx have their usual eclectic selections and I bought myself a new jacket there this year. Decathlon/Quechua stuff is also good, and they do lots of stuff for layering which is useful in lots of other situations - so you can probably justify to yourself not putting it on the skiing holiday budget! :-)
  • Having spent many years kitting out a family of 5 on a budget: Aldi ski wear is really good value and they usually have their Ski Special at the beginning of December and Snowboard wear late Dec/Jan. Jackets, Salopettes, base and mid layers and socks are excellent value, along with accessories such as hats and buffs. You need to download the app or keep checking on their site for the date the Specials come in because the good stuff goes very quickly.

Personally I don't like their gloves as when you take them off the lining comes out with your fingers and it is almost impossible to get it back in while you are out on the slopes. Tk Maxx are the best value for gloves. There is nothing worse than cold hands when skiing so go for good quality gloves or mittens.

If you are going to TK Maxx then do it now because they have skiwear in stock and it will be gone if you leave it until the peak ski season.

Also think it is worth spending more on goggles. Again TK Maxx are good for well known brands (do some research before you go), and Decathlon have an excellent selection with lots of information to help you make an informed decision and everything from budget to de-luxe. Again, their ski section is at its peak at the moment and worth a visit. I have been caught out leaving ski shopping until December and finding the good stuff sold out.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals