NEW: Got questions about energy? Put them to Gary and Andrew from MSE's Utilities team during our energy-themed 'Ask An Expert' event. Check back here from Tuesday 9 August, 12pm

Buying a Playstation 4

Hi all

My partner would like a Playstation 4, where is the cheapest place to buy one please?

Replies

• ender4ender4 Forumite
    146 Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    good question, i wouldn't mind getting one in the next few weeks, assuming the price is reasonable.

Also, there are now 2 versions out i believe, but shipped as the same model. Main difference is a quieter fan in the new version.

Not sure how you can check whether you are getting the old version or the new version.
  • edited 28 October 2015 at 12:32PM
    DCFC79DCFC79 Forumite
    40.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    edited 28 October 2015 at 12:32PM
    ender4 wrote: »
    good question, i wouldn't mind getting one in the next few weeks, assuming the price is reasonable.

Also, there are now 2 versions out i believe, but shipped as the same model. Main difference is a quieter fan in the new version.

Not sure how you can check whether you are getting the old version or the new version.

Theres also the 1TB version as opposed to the 500GB version.

OP and ender Id look at HUKD for deals.

websites like shopto, gamestop, amazon and GAME are reputable, there are other websites as well.
  • Seen a couple of "reasonable" looking bundles in Game - 500gb with Assassins Creed Syndicate, Watchdogs, Uncharted Collection & another game for £299.99. While the games aren't jaw dropping, it's still technically 6 games to me with Uncharted being 1-3, compared to what I'd seen recently that's decent bang for buck. (Had been seeing FIFA + 1 more for the same price)
    Retired member - fed up with the general tone of the place.
  • edited 29 October 2015 at 10:03AM
    DCFC79DCFC79 Forumite
    40.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    edited 29 October 2015 at 10:03AM
    bluenoseam wrote: »
    Seen a couple of "reasonable" looking bundles in Game - 500gb with Assassins Creed Syndicate, Watchdogs, Uncharted Collection & another game for £299.99. While the games aren't jaw dropping, it's still technically 6 games to me with Uncharted being 1-3, compared to what I'd seen recently that's decent bang for buck. (Had been seeing FIFA + 1 more for the same price)

For 6 games its a good deal.
  • AndyBSGAndyBSG Forumite
    986 Posts
    bluenoseam wrote: »
    Seen a couple of "reasonable" looking bundles in Game - 500gb with Assassins Creed Syndicate, Watchdogs, Uncharted Collection & another game for £299.99. While the games aren't jaw dropping, it's still technically 6 games to me with Uncharted being 1-3, compared to what I'd seen recently that's decent bang for buck. (Had been seeing FIFA + 1 more for the same price)

That's a pretty good deal TBH.
  • Equinox85Equinox85 Forumite
    35 Posts
    Sixth Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Depends how desperate you are in getting one. Black Friday deals could be worth waiting for.
  • chelseabluechelseablue Forumite
    3.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    Forumite
    Not desperate, it's going to be for Christmas so will look at the Black Friday deals
  • Bigphil1474Bigphil1474 Forumite
    1.5K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I got mine from Tesco - used a big wadge of vouchers so didn't have to pay as much cash. PS4 prices aren't that variable from what I saw - seems to be about what you can get with it, rather than the base cost. If you get new games with it, you can always sell them or trade them in if they aren't what you want - sooner rather than later though as trade in prices tend to drop quickly. The must have gave this Christmas on PS4 is likely to be Star Wars Battlefront - looks a good game plus the new movie comes out in December.
  • Battlefront will be big this Christmas, but it's not even close to being the "must have game this Christmas", top five maybe, top dog, definitely not.
    Retired member - fed up with the general tone of the place.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Homes, hornets & high heels

This week's MSE Forum highlights

MSE Forum

Kids eat for 'free' or £1 this summer

Little ones can enjoy hot meals for less

MSE Deals