» »

Have you ever been on a TV Game Show?

New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: NEW MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH 31/3
RESCUE FLIGHTS FOR STRANDED BRITS * SCHOOL MEALS VOUCHERS * BRIGHTHOUSE COLLAPSES

Have you ever been on a TV Game Show?

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Compers Chat Corner
9 replies 2.3K views
MSE_JordonMSE_Jordon Former MSE
25 posts
I won, I won, I won! I've been Money Tipped! Newshound! Chutzpah Haggler
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Compers Chat Corner
Hi Forumites :D

I am writing a blog about applying for TV Game or Quiz shows and wanted to know your stories! Have you ever appeared on a show and won (or lost)? I'd love to hear all about it!

Your story might make it into the blog and the weekly email!

Looking forward to reading your adventures!

MSE Jordon :j
:money: Keep calm and carry on couponing! :money:

Replies

• I developed the gameshow bug back in 2003.. Kicking off with Weakest Link.. Got picked on mercilessly by Ann but hey ho... It's her job! During the following years I appeared on In it to Win It, Who wants to be a Millionaire. Saturday Night Takeaway, PokerFace to name the most popular ones, I love everything about it, getting picked up from home, the make up, VIP treatment. Best of all the prizes.. Totalling £50K plus the odd holiday.. Most memorable was a trip to Las Vegas thanks to Ant and Decs Saturday night takeaway! My advice.. Don't sit and ponder.. DO IT!!!
  • That is so amazing Chrisx2!! A lot of my favorite shows are on that list! Well Done :D
    :money: Keep calm and carry on couponing! :money:
  • jonesMUFCforeverjonesMUFCforever Forumite
    27K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have tried several times - got a call from the team that do Eggheads who were interested in me doing a team for that but nobody I asked had the guts to go on.
    What goes around - comes around
    give lots and you will always receive lots
  • Enigmatic_MeEnigmatic_Me Forumite
    1.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts I won, I won, I won!
    ✭✭✭
    I took a very mad moment in my life just before my 40th birthday and applied for Weakest Link. Rather surprisingly I passed the telephone interview so was then invited to Edinburgh for an audition.Could not believe it a week later when I got a phone call telling me I had been selected for the show.

The thing was I lived on the Isle of Mull at the time (Island off the West Coast of Scotland) so the travel to London was quite epic with all modes of transport, boat, train, plane, car.

Had a brilliant time, I was voted off in the third round and I too was picked on by Anne.

The strange thing is this is so out of character for me, I am normally quiet and reserved so I have no idea where the notion to appear on this show came from but I thoroughly enjoyed it. Don't know if I would do anything like this again though.
    The best things in life are free.....
  • edited 28 October 2015 at 10:23AM
    mjm3346mjm3346 Forumite
    43.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 28 October 2015 at 10:23AM
    From Norwich, it's the quiz of the week.
    Internet goodness £27675 ckllvwc2btfb.gif
  • Marg2k8Marg2k8 Forumite
    5.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    mjm3346 wrote: »
    From Norwich, it's the quiz of the week.

I'm old enough to remember that was the introduction to Sale of The Century. Were you on it?
    🐟🐟April challenge - something fishy🐟🐟
  • McLennanMcLennan Forumite
    7.5K posts
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was on Countdown three years ago, but unfortunately I was up against a future Octochamp and the eventual series runner-up...suffice to say I lost and didn't return home with the coveted teapot :( I did get a nice goody bag though :)

Getting on the show was reasonably straightforward. I initially failed a telephone audition, but breezed through the audition at ITV studios in London.

Although I lost, it was an unforgettable experience. I was well looked after by the production crew, I had two nights in a nice hotel and my food and travel costs were reimbursed. I also got to meet the gorgeous Rachel Riley again, Nick Hewer was very friendly and chatty after filming, and the charity I was working for at the time got some invaluable exposure. :)
     B) 
  • mjm3346mjm3346 Forumite
    43.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marg2k8 wrote: »
    I'm old enough to remember that was the introduction to Sale of The Century. Were you on it?

No, just in the audience.
    Internet goodness £27675 ckllvwc2btfb.gif
  • DonnyloverDonnylover Forumite
    699 posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker I won, I won, I won!
    ✭✭
    I did about 8 or 9 a few years ago. Some on my own, some with my sister and some with both sisters. Never won a thing but it's a fun way to spend a day. :j
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support