Good wireless headphones for jogging?

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Sports and Fitness MoneySaving
18 replies 5K views
WannaBLoadedWannaBLoaded
447 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Sports and Fitness MoneySaving
I used to run a lot years ago and remember the pain and suffering headphones can cause so i am thinking of going wireless this time.

Looking on sports direct at the moment because i need some running trainers and they have some Karrimor blue tooth headphones?

They're 25 squids though :eek:

But it seems that that is a fairly competitive price? Probably a crap make but its just a badge isn't it.

Replies

• custardycustardy Forumite
    38K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to run a lot years ago and remember the pain and suffering headphones can cause so i am thinking of going wireless this time.

Looking on sports direct at the moment because i need some running trainers and they have some Karrimor blue tooth headphones?

They're 25 squids though :eek:

But it seems that that is a fairly competitive price? Probably a crap make but its just a badge isn't it.

I went the other way and paid more for mine.
    Reviews seemed patchy on the cheaper ones.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-SBH-80-Stereo-Bluetooth-Headset-Black/dp/B00DZTJKYU

Flawless sync.
    Very good sound quality
    Waterproof ( i wear them in the shower at the gym)
    great dual mics for calls.

Wouldnt touch Karrimor ones.
  • RichardD1970RichardD1970 Forumite
    3.7K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    We are looking at these,

Aftershockz

(although the wired version which are cheaper)

They don't obstruct your hearing so are safer.

I tried some out the other week and they worked brilliantly, allowing me to hear the music whilst holding a normal volume conversation with someone.
  • Is this mse or waitrose? hahaha.

I just placed an order with sports direct but i removed the headphones, for an extra 20 quid i will probably buy the sony ones suggested. Wireless aren't cheap are they lol. I got 2 hours to think about it yet on amazon if i want them delivered tomo, which i think i do.

Quite please with myself, got some puma running shoes for 29.99 on sports direct , they are selling on other sites for close to 50 quid and they look ok to be fair. Will do for running anyway. Thought i was going to have to spend 60 quid minimum. Prices seem to have come down.

http://www.sportsdirect.com/puma-pulse-xt-sport-mens-trainers-127073?colcode=12707303

12707303_xl.jpg
  • custardy wrote: »

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-SBH-80-Stereo-Bluetooth-Headset-Black/dp/B00DZTJKYU

Flawless sync.
    Very good sound quality

How long do they hold a charge if you just leave them sitting for a few days?

I don't run regularly and I can imagine me finding them with no charge every time I want to use them!
    38K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lovinituk wrote: »
    How long do they hold a charge if you just leave them sitting for a few days?

I don't run regularly and I can imagine me finding them with no charge every time I want to use them!

I generally use them every day or two. due to the large neck rest part they seem to have a good battery life.
    I have the Sony smart connect on my phone and it usually lists tanby in days.
    Charges via micro usb so i tend to charge in the car,at work etc.
    So I never really have an issue of low battery.
    I generally use them every day or two. due to the large neck rest part they seem to have a good battery life.
    I have the Sony smart connect on my phone and it usually lists tanby in days.
    Charges via micro usb so i tend to charge in the car,at work etc.
    So I never really have an issue of low battery.
    Thanks.

Not sure whether to risk them or not. I must have weird shaped ear holes as I find most buds just fall out when I'm running. Just read a few reviews on Amazon and a couple have mentioned them falling out when running or the neck piece bouncing up and down. How have you found them in this respect?
    38K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lovinituk wrote: »
    Thanks.

Not sure whether to risk them or not. I must have weird shaped ear holes as I find most buds just fall out when I'm running. Just read a few reviews on Amazon and a couple have mentioned them falling out when running or the neck piece bouncing up and down. How have you found them in this respect?

I'm pretty broad in the shoulders.
    I wear them under my t shirt neck. So it sits there and I dont really notice it.
    At work (I assume its design) it fits perfectly under a shirt collar with just the earbuds/wires showing and the remotes just under the collar edge.
  • FBabyFBaby Forumite
    18.3K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't do with earpieces, my ears are too small and they always fall out so went for this one more than a year ago:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-SHB4000-10-Bluetooth-Headphones/dp/B00C1C5WIU/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1445521688&sr=8-2&keywords=philips+wireless+headphones+bluetooth

They still work perfectly, sound is good, recharge only every 3 or 4 runs (1 hour + each time), I couldn't fault them and for that price, it's a bargain. I couldn't go go for non bluetooth now.

Flawless sync.
    Very good sound quality

Right, i ummed and aarged , and bought them just now. Total cost with delivery 56 quid, i've never spent so much on headphones :D but fancy something a bit special.

On the plus side, i saw an advert that said open an aqua card and get £20 off amazon so thought i would give it a shot and was accepted so total cost is now more like 36 quid provided i do get my amazon voucher! :D

I always pay credit cards off in full so they wont make a profit out of me. :money:
  • My running shoes are good too to be fair for 29 quid. Just saw them on amazon for over 40 quid. I made a nice save on them. Bit weird feeling but they are proper running trainers and my firetrap jogging bottoms fit like a glove. I've had a good week of consumerism.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals