Chemical Diet

Options
Anyone tried the 'Chemical Diet'?

It's the one where the following meal is supposed to react on the previous one. I'm quite sceptical but willing to experiment for results.

Anyone? :j:j:j

Comments

• UKTigerlily
    UKTigerlily Posts: 4,702 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    No, I prefer that thing they call 'food', no fad 'diets'
  • heartbreak_star
    Options
    Yup. Eat clean, train dirty :)

HBS x
    "I believe in ordinary acts of bravery, in the courage that drives one person to stand up for another."

"It's easy to know what you're against, quite another to know what you're for."

#Bremainer
  • fairy_lights
    fairy_lights Posts: 9,220 Forumite
    Options
    I was curious so I googled it.
    I think you would lose weight following that diet, same as you would if you followed any other low calorie diet. But you'd probably be hungry and miserable and wouldn't learn anything about how to eat properly.
    The chemical reaction claims are just baloney.
  • Starlet
    Starlet Posts: 130 Forumite
    Options
    Hi 959Rich
    Rather than doing a chemical diet (which I also havent heard of), have you heard of "food combining"? I dont really know much about food combining (Ive only seen a book in the library - and that's it!) but perhaps it's more credible

As the other people have said, eating sensibly is the most important thing. And perhaps try having smaller portion sizes if you find that this is one issue you have (I know that this is my biggest sin, because I eat very healthily but my portion sizes are always huuge and I feel guilty after eating so much :silenced:)
    :EasterBun
  • 959Rich wrote: »
    Anyone tried the 'Chemical Diet'?

It's the one where the following meal is supposed to react on the previous one. I'm quite sceptical but willing to experiment for results.

Anyone? :j:j:j

Anyone tried the "diabetic diet " well you should try it because they way you are going you will be on it by age 50
  • zagubov
    zagubov Posts: 17,886 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I'd be really wary about this. You don't need a diet that has its own philosophy.
    There is no honour to be had in not knowing a thing that can be known - Danny Baker
  • globalds
    globalds Posts: 9,431 Forumite
    Options
    Researchers have found that different people's bodies respond to eating the same meal very differently

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/health-news/why-everything-we-thought-we-knew-about-healthy-food-could-be-wrong-a6744186.html

So in answer to your question ..It might work for you.
  • Palindr0mic
    Options
    From a quick google you're essentially starving yourself so yes, you will lose weight. The chemical stuff is baloney, the acid in your stomach (alongside digestive enzymes) will break down anything before any "chemical reactions between the meals" occur. Stomach acid is pretty darned strong, and I don't know what kind of reactions between acid (citric acid - grapefruit), amino acids (proteins in the chicken, tuna and egg) and starch (bread) are supposed to happen that aren't happening in your stomach naturally from those general food groups.
    Picking myself up and trying to stay standing
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport