Nectar and <£1 Sainsbury's purchase

Options
I know you only get points if you spend minimum £1.

But is there are purpose for swiping it for purchases less than £1? I asked a cashier to do this and she sort of looked at me like I was an idiot. She did it in the end but my thinking was that I may get offers depending on purchases made, so even if I don't get points, I might get a future offer that I might not otherwise have.

Is this true or not?

Thanks.

Comments

• VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    It's true.

Loyalty cards pay relatively little for the benefit of collecting data about an individual's shopping habits. You might get vouchers as a result but this is likely to be for a similar item or trade-upwards on something Sainsbury's makes more of a margin on.

Anyone analysing my Sainsbos spend will find it difficult to entice me away from YS bread :D
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I don't know I have had in the past offers for nappies and my DD's are 46 & 48 and had cloth nappies back in the day,also dog and cat food and I have never ever had either :):):)
  • djpailo
    djpailo Posts: 550 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    VfM4meplse wrote: »
    It's true.

Loyalty cards pay relatively little for the benefit of collecting data about an individual's shopping habits. You might get vouchers as a result but this is likely to be for a similar item or trade-upwards on something Sainsbury's makes more of a margin on.

Anyone analysing my Sainsbos spend will find it difficult to entice me away from YS bread :D

Thanks, I'm glad I wasn't losing my mind. :beer:
  • matty17r
    matty17r Posts: 1,215 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I always use my nectar cards for purchases of less than a £1 and usually get the comment that I will not get any nectar points. The machine usually throws out some vouchers esp conditional spends. If you dont want to spend any money just go to customer services to check you nectar points balance and the till will again often spit out vouchers.
  • djpailo
    djpailo Posts: 550 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I was using a card for the purchase, but interesting to know about the vouchers. Unfortunately my local store does not have self service machines yet. I've never been offered vouchers by them either.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure