MSE News: M&S launches new loyalty scheme. But will it 'spark' any interest?

M&S has today launched its first retail loyalty scheme, 'Sparks', which enables users to earn points on spending...
Read the full story:

M&S launches new loyalty scheme. But will it 'spark' any interest?

OfficialStamp.gif

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

Replies

• grunniegrunnie Forumite
    1.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    I got the letter about this in the mail this morning. Sounds as tho they are trying to copy John Lewis. Joined anyway as it's free.
  • kerri_gtkerri_gt Forumite
    10.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Xmas Saver!
    Forumite
    Can't say I shop in M&S that much to ever amass enough points and its yet another piece of plastic to carry about (I've started just carrying the little key fob cards where possible due to the amount in my purse). Still, might join for a bit and see. I'd prefer the Lidl scheme to be rolled out to the rest of the UK though.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• OblivionOblivion Forumite
    20.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic
    No monetary value ... a complete waste of time then.
    ... Dave
    Happily retired and enjoying my 14th year of leisure
    I am cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
    Bring me sunshine in your smile
  • I got one of these in the post from them today. Signed up with my online account to activate it and then it gave me an initial choice of offers to choose from. I had been looking at a couple of things anyway so signed up for 20% off online. It looks like the offers change, I could also have chosen from a percentage off food or a free pack of Percy Pigs if I spent over £15 on food. I don't shop in M&S a lot except for basics in clothing but depending on the offers it may persuade me to shop more. You do need an email address to benefit from the card and have to link it to an online account on their website. I do find it odd that it's not all linked up to their credit card as I already get rewards with that but they've kept it separate. Yet another loyalty card to remember! It does say you can pick up a card in store but I saw no evidence of any when I was in a store earlier browsing, they maybe have them at the till points but I didn't buy anything when I was in and didn't know about the Sparks card til I got home and found the card in my post.
  • robin58robin58 Forumite
    2.8K Posts
    Looked in M&S Thursday. There was no sign up cards at the tills or blurb on the Sparkle account anywhere in store.

Not received a card in the post...yet.

I should get one as I have a M&S credit card, so they have my address.
    I got one of these in the post from them today. Signed up with my online account to activate it and then it gave me an initial choice of offers to choose from. I had been looking at a couple of things anyway so signed up for 20% off online. It looks like the offers change, I could also have chosen from a percentage off food or a free pack of Percy Pigs if I spent over £15 on food. I don't shop in M&S a lot except for basics in clothing but depending on the offers it may persuade me to shop more. You do need an email address to benefit from the card and have to link it to an online account on their website. I do find it odd that it's not all linked up to their credit card as I already get rewards with that but they've kept it separate. Yet another loyalty card to remember! It does say you can pick up a card in store but I saw no evidence of any when I was in a store earlier browsing, they maybe have them at the till points but I didn't buy anything when I was in and didn't know about the Sparks card til I got home and found the card in my post.
    The more I live, the more I learn.
    The more I learn, the more I grow.
    The more I grow, the more I see.
    The more I see, the more I know.
    The more I know, the more I see,
    How little I know.!! ;)
  • photomephotome Forumite
    15.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Bake Off Boss!
    Forumite
    Wow.. cant see there being a rush to join
  • Poppy9Poppy9 Forumite
    18.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    I was given one of these cards in store a couple of months ago. It was being trialled in certain stores and the staff said they were only allowed to give out limited number of cards per day.

So far I've had three £5 off a £30 spend in food hall and an extra side with their 2 dine in for £10 deal.
    :) ~Laugh and the world laughs with you, weep and you weep alone.~:)
  • millermiller Forumite
    1.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Forumite
    Oblivion wrote: »
    No monetary value ... a complete waste of time then.

...and it wont help the queue in Simply Food outlets at rail stations. Yippee, missed trains due to people collecting some useless points.

Edit: although Poppy9 has reported getting come coupons above, but I am guessing that will be random.
  • edited 17 October 2015 at 7:35AM
    Poppy9Poppy9 Forumite
    18.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    edited 17 October 2015 at 7:35AM
    miller wrote: »
    Edit: although Poppy9 has reported getting come coupons above, but I am guessing that will be random.

The coupons are till spills so each time I've bought food I've had a vouchers. The notification of second side with meal deal was an email.

Apparently they are also planning on doing special card holder only even nights in run up to Xmas.

When I was given the card the staff member said that the programme was very much a WIP so it will evolve.
    :) ~Laugh and the world laughs with you, weep and you weep alone.~:)
  • chuckleychuckley Forumite
    4.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture
    Sounds like absolute trash.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Gin, gee-gees & groceries

This week's MSE Forum highlights

Team Blog

2for1 adult tickets to theme parks

Via selected £1-£3 Kellogg's promo packs

MSE Deals