Best dance games

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Gaming MoneySaving
2 replies 1.6K views
onlyrozonlyroz Forumite
17.7K Posts
Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
✭✭✭✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Gaming MoneySaving
I'd like to get my daughter (age nearly 7) a dance game for Christmas. We have a Wii U and a PS4, and I have no idea which ones are good, or how they even work. Do they come with some sort of dance mat? Or do you need to wave the controllers round (e.g. PS Move, or the old Wii-mote)? And which ones are best? I can see that Just Dance 2015 is quite highly rated, but the the songs in the demo clips sound a bit rubbish to me. Any hints?

Replies

• my daughter is 9 and has a wii, she has my old just dance games on that and plays them happily. There are ones specifically for kids which might appeal more to her

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Just-Dance-Kids-2014-Nintendo/dp/B00F6S53VM/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1443618323&sr=8-4&keywords=just+dance+kids
  • SystemSystem Forumite
    177.9K Posts
    10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    onlyroz wrote: »
    I'd like to get my daughter (age nearly 7) a dance game for Christmas. We have a Wii U and a PS4, and I have no idea which ones are good, or how they even work. Do they come with some sort of dance mat? Or do you need to wave the controllers round (e.g. PS Move, or the old Wii-mote)? And which ones are best? I can see that Just Dance 2015 is quite highly rated, but the the songs in the demo clips sound a bit rubbish to me. Any hints?
    Just dance 2015 is not a step up as you would expect from a newer version. I find 2014 is much better and more responsive but i use xbox one. I am a dancer and these games dont really teach you much but they are great fun! Especially when the kids are asleep and you've had a few glasses of prosecco :rotfl:

I forgot to answer the important part. On xbox one it works using the kinect, on PS4 i think you need to buy the kinect thing it has and i have no idea how it works on wii.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

A guide to council tax bands

Lower your band & save £1,000s

MSE Guides

Cinema MoneySaving tips & tricks

Including year's 2for1 movies for £1

MSE Deals