Relocation, new jobs and mortgages

Hello lovely folk, I wonder if you can help.

My husband and I live in Oxford and would like to relocate back to my husband's hometown of Poole.

However our problem is thus, we both need to get new jobs, we need to apply for a mortgage and buy a house, all at the same time.

Can anyone tell me how it works, we can't get jobs until we live there, but can't live there as we won't have jobs straight away to pay the mortgage. Feels like we're stuck.

Been told by Which Mortgage Adviser that we are unlikely to get a mortgage for a property in Poole if we live in Oxford, before we're relocated and got our jobs to prove what we will earn.

Hope you can offer some advice. Thank you.

Louise

Comments

• amnblog
    amnblog Posts: 12,443 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    It doesn't work Louise and you have indentified the problem.

Unless you have job offers in on the South Coast or have affordable accomodation in Oxford during the working week a Lender will not entertain the case.
    I am a Mortgage Broker

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Broker, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • Could you not consider renting for the first 6 to 12 months?
  • dimbo61
    dimbo61 Posts: 13,716 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Get looking for a rental property and if one of you moves first to get a job.
    The other can start clearing the house and selling off unwanted items, presenting the house for sale.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure