Argos - nothing in stock?

Options
Hi all,

I'm trying to buy a few items of furniture from Argos, but nothing is in stock. When I check delivery on the item page it says it's available but when I go to my trolley to try and checkout nothing is available.

I've tried different items in the same categories.

Have they really sold out of all the things I'm after (which would be a huge coincidence, given it's across a wide range of items), or is there some kind of website glitch?
Unless I say otherwise 'you' means the general you not you specifically.

Comments

• Syman
    Syman Posts: 2,616 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I ordered some bits for collection this morning without any bother.
    Never put off till tomorrow what you can do today!:mad:
    Cos if you do it today and like it...You can do it again tomorrow.. :p

Bookworm's Thread 2019 reading Challenge total :- 1/60
  • Ames
    Ames Posts: 18,459 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks, a couple of the smaller bits are available for collection, but the bed, sofa, armchair, mattress are all out of stock - and I've tried different ones, and adding random things.
  • Cisco001
    Cisco001 Posts: 4,019 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Have u try Homebase?
  • ceredigion
    ceredigion Posts: 3,709 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Stock is expensive, they are trying to sell you items that they haven't bought yet, If you order for delivery it will come direct from the manufacturer. Argos take their mark up with no capital outlay .
  • Ames
    Options
    Thanks guys.

Ah, ok Ceredigion, that makes sense.

Cisco, I didn't realise Homebase did furniture, I thought they were more of a B&Q type place?

I think I'm going to go to Oak Furniture Land for a bed and I'll start looking elsewhere for the other furniture.

Mind you, last time I bought something from Argos in the sale they totally messed up the order, so maybe it was a lucky escape.
  • sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,898 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Ames wrote: »
    Thanks guys.

Ah, ok Ceredigion, that makes sense.

Cisco, I didn't realise Homebase did furniture, I thought they were more of a B&Q type place?

I think I'm going to go to Oak Furniture Land for a bed and I'll start looking elsewhere for the other furniture.

Mind you, last time I bought something from Argos in the sale they totally messed up the order, so maybe it was a lucky escape.

Homebase and Argos are the same company, everytime I have ordered from Homebase, it turns up in and Argos lorry.
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Ames
    Options
    I had a look at Homebase last night and realised it was exactly the same catalogue.

I feel a bit daft now!

Although I found a much nicer bed elswhere for a similar price, and a far, far better armchair elsewhere for just £30 more.

I feel like Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman - the scene in the boutique.
  • Cisco001
    Cisco001 Posts: 4,019 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    sarah1972 wrote: »
    Homebase and Argos are the same company, everytime I have ordered from Homebase, it turns up in and Argos lorry.

i sometimes find things i wanted on Argos is unavailable for delivery at Argos website, but available from Homebase.

That's why I ask the question...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport