What functionality would we like myimmerSUN to have?

No sure of many of us on this forum have opted for immerSUN's monitoring kit but thought it would be interesting to prompt a discussion about what additional functionality it could do with.

EricMears and I are certainly users and probably have similar thoughts on what's missing - despite my comment on another thread this morning. Better charting is one thing.

I use Internet Explorer/Edge for browsing. The export function does not work on that browser (fine on other browsers) and I am chatting with the immerSUN folk about that but don't have a solution yet.

Also, the web application does not work through a proxy server for some reason - security perhaps?

I have 2 immerSUN units as mentioned elsewhere on here. I would like to see unit 2 as subpages of the diverted icon so that its data is accessible from the main page and also show as diverted, not just part of the overall house usage. At the moment you must swap to unit two to see its data during which time you cannot see unit one - and on unit one you only see unit 2 as a load on the house, not as diverted generation. A sub-menu/icon would seem to be quite easy to include to offer better access this slave unit data.

The other thing I would like to see is the ability to change some of the immerSUN's settings remotely. They have this for the boost function to force water heating even if there is insufficient generation but what about changing priorities for the outputs, or turning outputs on or off, or changing other parameters in the various set-up menus on the device itself.

Happy brainstorming...

Comments

• EricMears
    EricMears Posts: 3,232 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    My needs are even simpler !

I'd just like to be able to read my own data from their database. Or better still, be able to read the data from the immersun before its sent to them. Indeed, I'm seriously considering setting up an Arduino along the cable between MyImmersun remote unit and its internet connection (but would prefer something easier).

Given proper access to the raw data, I'm confident that I could draw my own graphs - probably along the lines that Wattson produces (but with much more accuracy !).
    NE Derbyshire.4kWp S Facing 17.5deg slope (dormer roof).24kWh of Pylontech batteries with Lux controller BEV : Hyundai Ioniq5
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure