We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING
Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Putting dried soya mince in slow cooker?
mama_bear_3-2
Posts: 17 Forumite
I bought a bag of it in Tesco last week but I'm too wary of it to use it as the main ingredient in a meal yet. I was thinking of chucking a few handfuls into a slow cooker bean chilli. Surely it will be ok provided I monitor the liquid? I'm thinking it will just bulk it out the same as lentils do? Or will it turn the chilli into a big gloopy mess?
0
Comments
-
Should be fine, does need a bit of extra liquid. I'm veggie and just use that mince sometimes in chilli.Death comes to us all.When he came to Mort, he offered him a job. MORT by Terry Pratchett.0
-
I have done it in the SC with no problem in a spag bol type thing. Has zero flavour though so you really need to add extra herbs and/or spices.Father Ted: Now concentrate this time, Dougal. These
(he points to some plastic cows on the table) are very small; those (pointing at some cows out of the window) are far away...
:D:D0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards