Hosting competitions

Hello all, hoping to start entering competitions again my self soon but for now I've been busy organising competitions for all my fellow compers all over the UK.

I've so far got £1200 in prizes to giveaway during my blogiversary! I've still got prizes that I am waiting for the RRP for, and prizes that have not even been confirmed yet!

I may cry come September 1st when I have to write up two full post a day just for competitions, on top of my usual post but I know compers will have a brilliant time!

I can't post a link or links as its my own site!

Getting back to what I originally started the thread for, I love RC because as the host its easy for me, however I notice that the entrants under 1000 never come up! Say for example the first person to enter, or even the 100th person, they never get a win!

This saddens me, so I'm thinking, can I use RC for all the important bits, then pick a winner from the comments myself? Or is that not okay? Its a shame really as so many people enter but RC only like picking entrants above 1000 if that makes sense!?

Comments

• sleepyjones
    sleepyjones Posts: 6,087 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    I can't imagine that's true re: RC only choosing the entrants over 1000 as this would be a straight forward breaking of a strict rule in regards to hosting a Competition and since that's what RC is basically for it would seem fundamentally wrong to have an error like this in your platform.

I don't enter RC comps 'cause I think most of them are pretty dodgy in the first place, but I'm sure you're just missing a setting or something that isn't showing you the earlier entries (maybe filtering the entries by date or something and missing the first few days?)
  • Jada90
    Jada90 Posts: 641 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I've done test runs before, and I literally have to click re-draw winner just to get an entrant under 1000 to win!

I've used RC for the last three years (since I started blogging), however now with the biggest lot of prizes I'm about to host, I'd like to see at least one of the compers who enter straight away win!

I do think RC is a pain also, it's just so much easier for the host! x
  • fortuna93
    fortuna93 Posts: 686 Forumite
    Hi Jada,
    I've run rafflecopters where someone entering early has been drawn as the winner and indeed won them myself from being an early entrant so I think what you're describing must just be coincidence
  • mrsHall2b
    mrsHall2b Posts: 521 Forumite
    Try using gleam? I prefer gleam as its easier for me as an entrant, I tried to do a RC comp on my blog a while back but it would not play ball!! so I gave up.

I was reading your blog this morning and when I saw your name come up on here I wondered if it was the same person :)
    but yeah try do a Gleam one? or you could have a question written in your blog and just get people to comment and you choose one based on whatever means (funniest, randomest, the 50th comment..) however the second option sometimes looks unfair unless you get someone else to pick.
    But then I just cant get my head around running RC comps.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure