Are YOU one of the 1 in every 128 ??

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in N. Ireland
12 replies 1.8K views
warmhands.coldheartwarmhands.coldheart Forumite
3.8K Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in N. Ireland
Apparently Northern Ireland now has 14,000 Millionaires.....
That's 1 in every 128 of our population

Come on, admit it..... Are YOU one of them ???

:D
«1

Replies

  • Sadly it's not me!:rotfl:

    Ah the things I could do!
  • ballyblackballyblack Forumite
    4.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Article does not mention the farmers who are 'on their knees' at the moment with poor income.

    However because of the high price of land most would be millionaires if they sold every asset out

    Not many farmers 'feel that they are millionaires'!!
  • edited 28 August 2015 at 11:44AM
    saverbuyersaverbuyer Forumite
    2.6K Posts
    edited 28 August 2015 at 11:44AM
    I'm not a millionaire yet. I've got 7 million sitting in a IOM back account a friend of mine was looking after. As soon as we sort out a few minor legal niggles I expect to get the money and join the list.


    Easy money for selling a few properties.
  • qwert_yuiopqwert_yuiop Forumite
    3.5K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    saverbuyer wrote: »
    I'm not a millionaire yet. I've got 7 million sitting in a IOM back account a friend of mine was looking after. As soon as we sort out a few minor legal niggles I expect to get the money and join the list.


    Easy money for selling a few properties.

    Well don't spend it all on cocaine when you get it. It's bad for you and I've been told it makes you do very silly things.
    “What means that trump?” Timon of Athens by William Shakespeare
  • donnac2558donnac2558 Forumite
    3.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, ask me after the Euromillions draw tonight:rotfl:
  • edited 3 September 2015 at 10:49AM
    qwert_yuiopqwert_yuiop Forumite
    3.5K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 3 September 2015 at 10:49AM
    Did they remember to subtract mortgage debt from their wealth calculations? There must be a lot fewer property millionaires than there were a few years ago.
    According to today's guardian, houses in England's cheaper areas are 10 times buyers' wages. I wonder what it is here now - disposable income for recent buyers here must be pretty high compared to there now.

    (Text removed by MSE Forum Team)
    “What means that trump?” Timon of Athens by William Shakespeare
  • ballyblack wrote: »
    Article does not mention the farmers who are 'on their knees' at the moment with poor income.

    However because of the high price of land most would be millionaires if they sold every asset out

    Not many farmers 'feel that they are millionaires'!!



    Still highly subsidised though. Does the low income include the EU cheques? It's all fine and good talking about the low price paid to farmers for their milk, but when working out the cost of production I often wonder do they include EU payments?
  • edited 2 September 2015 at 12:54PM
    qwert_yuiopqwert_yuiop Forumite
    3.5K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 2 September 2015 at 12:54PM
    No. Single farm payment is not based on production costs.

    Still means milk costs more to produce than the producer gets for it though.
    “What means that trump?” Timon of Athens by William Shakespeare
  • No. Single farm payment is not based on production costs.

    I know that. I'm wondering if in the various news articles where milk production cost are quotes versus selling price (showing a loss) SFP is deducted from the production costs?


    I.e. when a farmer says it costs X to produce a litre of milk do they include the various subsidies or do they remove them.
  • qwert_yuiopqwert_yuiop Forumite
    3.5K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    saverbuyer wrote: »
    I know that. I'm wondering if in the various news articles where milk production cost are quotes versus selling price (showing a loss) SFP is deducted from the production costs?


    I.e. when a farmer says it costs X to produce a litre of milk do they include the various subsidies or do they remove them.

    I don't think they're included.
    “What means that trump?” Timon of Athens by William Shakespeare
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

17 Netflix hacks

Cut costs & get more from your subscription

MSE Guides

Beauty Advent calendar round-up

Incl M&S calendar release date

MSE Deals