FGW Bath delays compensation?

Options
Hello
I am wondering if anyone can help me, or give me advice?
I have an annual train season ticket for travel from Salisbury to Bristol Temple Meads (bought in April 2015). During the month of August First Great Western have been doing work around Bath, meaning huge increases in my journey times (with bus replacement services and trains via Swindon). It seems with a season ticket I have very little rights to compensation, but I have tried to follow your online guidance to get cash compensation, but am not getting very far at the moment!
As my ticket is valid for more than a month they offered me 25% for every day that was affected when I renewed my season ticket next April.
I asked for compensation paid in cash as per the amendments to points 27 and 42 of the National Rail Conditions of Carriage in July.
They said that the discount offered was not a refund and was a gesture of good will, not compensation for delay, so neither points were applicable.
I wrote back saying my journey times had increased by over an hour and they had not provided clear information of this work when I bought my season ticket, so I classified them as delays, hence compensation under point 42 was due in cash.
They then said that all timetables are marked with a notice that they are subject to change and therefore no further recompense is due at this time.
As I write I am awaiting a response to the e mail I wrote today asking for them to put a value on the 25% offered, but can you advice me of anything else I can do to get cash compensation, as this month has been a nightmare commute for (being at least 3 hours door to door each way to work).
I also don’t know if I will be renewing my season ticket, so could end up getting nothing for my troubles…
Any help is appreciated.
Many thanks

Comments

• JezR
    JezR Posts: 1,697 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    The way you calculate the compensation on an annual ticket is to divide the cost of the ticket by 365, and multiply it by the number of days the disrupted journeys are in force on your particular route.

https://www.firstgreatwestern.co.uk/bath2015#seasontickets

This is different from the charter discounts, which would apply in addition, should the revised timetabled services themselves be delayed by the appropriate length of time to trigger the discount.
  • JezR
    JezR Posts: 1,697 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 28 August 2015 at 2:35PM
    Options
    Also just noticed your starting point is Salisbury - if you have bought your season from SWT then FGW will process a cheque refund. It is only season bought from them that have a discount rolled onto renewal.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure