Nothing for 20years!!

Hiya, I have a 20year old daughter who as never had any contact with her "father" he denied her being his so in 2008 when she was 13 CSA asked us to do a DNA test which proved he WAS her "father" then I had a call 5weeks ago and a dozen letters to say my case worker was closing her case which I didn't know nothing about as we have NEVER received a penny from him, I've since been told he will have to pay from 06/08/2012 until april this year (2015)...
My questions are:- How come he don't have to pay from 1995?? and
As he's never paid a penny from the year she was born and as he has always claimed not to work which he has been so if he refuses to pay the £4,000+ that he owes is their a way I can take it further to get what my daughter is owed...

Any help would be gratefully received.

Thank you

Shelli x

Comments

• paragon909
    paragon909 Posts: 1,498 Forumite
    Hiya, I have a 20year old daughter who as never had any contact with her "father" he denied her being his so in 2008 when she was 13 CSA asked us to do a DNA test which proved he WAS her "father" then I had a call 5weeks ago and a dozen letters to say my case worker was closing her case which I didn't know nothing about as we have NEVER received a penny from him, I've since been told he will have to pay from 06/08/2012 until april this year (2015)...
    My questions are:- How come he don't have to pay from 1995?? and
    As he's never paid a penny from the year she was born and as he has always claimed not to work which he has been so if he refuses to pay the £4,000+ that he owes is their a way I can take it further to get what my daughter is owed...

Any help would be gratefully received.

Thank you

Shelli x

Take the father to small claims courts,it's you're only hope, With all the evidence gathered... Lucky it isn't America where scumbag dad's who don't pay for their kids get jailed. If he was found to be working some of his wages would get arrested, I do suppose it's quite easy to find out if he is working.

He is either claiming benefits or not if not, He is doing a job and getting paid cash in hand. Has to be doing something for money..
  • DUTR
    DUTR Posts: 12,958 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    paragon909 wrote: »
    Take the father to small claims courts,it's you're only hope, With all the evidence gathered... Lucky it isn't America where scumbag dad's who don't pay for their kids get jailed. If he was found to be working some of his wages would get arrested, I do suppose it's quite easy to find out if he is working.

He is either claiming benefits or not if not, He is doing a job and getting paid cash in hand. Has to be doing something for money..

In fairness we don't know the NRP's situation, with the original CSA set up it was hardly worth working especially if the scumbag PWC wasn't working, CSA 2 was a bit better in that it was a fixed %, later the PWC would not get their benefits deducted .
  • shoe*diva79
    shoe*diva79 Posts: 1,356 Forumite
    Scumbag PWC?

Good god.
  • DUTR
    Scumbag PWC?

Good god.

heh heh , it's all about equality in the 21st century, there are good PWC's as well as bad ones likewise for the NRP's.
  • shoe*diva79
    shoe*diva79 Posts: 1,356 Forumite
    DUTR wrote: »
    heh heh , it's all about equality in the 21st century, there are good PWC's as well as bad ones likewise for the NRP's.

I take offence at your comment. I am on the older scheme and to begin with, didn't work. Tax credits were not around at that time to help with childcare and it was literally impossible to afford to work. Does that make me a scumbag? Because personally I feel scumbags are those who fiddle with kids, steal, attack, rape.... not a women (or man) who is bringing up there kids.
  • DUTR
    I take offence at your comment. I am on the older scheme and to begin with, didn't work. Tax credits were not around at that time to help with childcare and it was literally impossible to afford to work. Does that make me a scumbag? Because personally I feel scumbags are those who fiddle with kids, steal, attack, rape.... not a women (or man) who is bringing up there kids.

I took offence to the term scumbag dad's , that said the term would only apply if applicable to the reader, of course as said not all PWCs are scumbags and neither are all NRP's, in both cases it's just a small minority.
    Hope the board gets back to the issues in hand rather than back in the old days where threads got locked due to the pillow fighting.
  • pmduk
    pmduk Posts: 10,655 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Lucky it isn't America where scumbag dad's who don't pay for their kids get jailed. If he was found to be working some of his wages would get arrested, I do suppose it's quite easy to find out if he is working.

Lucky for him perhaps, not so pleasant for the parent paying for the child's support.
  • SnooksNJ
    SnooksNJ Posts: 829 Forumite

That's true about the US. It's amazing how the scu... I mean outstanding citizens cough up child support after spending a weekend at the Days Inn run by the state.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.9K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure