Warning about 77 Diamonds!

jimbo1212
jimbo1212 Posts: 6 Forumite
Do not use them for special occasions! unlike every other jewellery firm in the world, they send their rings out in plain royal mail packaging but then plaster it in "77 Diamonds" stickers.

Totally ruined a surprise gift for me and my partner. I complained and they were simply not interested at all. Really poor from them, I expected better.

I shop online for 95% of my high value goods and consumer reviews have a lot of influence over where I shop, so I try to return the favour by giving honest reviews (especially if there is something that I wished I knew before purchase such as this). I i leave the same warning / review on trust pilot and they have done everything they can to remove it and today it's gone. *Trustpilot is very skewed towards positive reviews because they appear to be at the mercy of litigation threats from companies with bad reviews.

Hopefully this will serve as a good place to warn others.

Comments

• custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    jimbo1212 wrote: »
    Do not use them for special occasions! unlike every other jewellery firm in the world, they send their rings out in plain royal mail packaging but then plaster it in "77 Diamonds" stickers.

Totally ruined a surprise gift for me and my partner. I complained and they were simply not interested at all. Really poor from them, I expected better.

I shop online for 95% of my high value goods and consumer reviews have a lot of influence over where I shop, so I try to return the favour by giving honest reviews (especially if there is something that I wished I knew before purchase such as this). I i leave the same warning / review on trust pilot and they have done everything they can to remove it and today it's gone. *Trustpilot is very skewed towards positive reviews because they appear to be at the mercy of litigation threats from companies with bad reviews.

Hopefully this will serve as a good place to warn others.

So the item arrived in perfect condition,on time.
    Your minor issue is the packaging.

Edit: in fact I'll give it to you.
    All our items are delivered in discrete shipment packaging (Royal Mail for UK and FedEx for non-UK delivery) with no indication of what is inside. Return address is listed as "Seventy Seven London" for insurance purposes. However, international orders that cross country borders comply with local rules about declaration of value. The actual jewellery is contained in a luxurious gift box with protective outer packaging.

I dont see how this tallys with what you say you received.
  • themull1
    themull1 Posts: 4,299 Forumite
    I would have had it delivered to a different address.
  • Roz_V
    Roz_V Posts: 1,152 Forumite
    It's a few years since I purchased from them but definitely didn't have the issue you had. Can't remember whether there was an option to select discreet packaging or not though?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure