HMRC`s Debt Collectors; Fredrickson International

Options
Since 2009 HMRC have pursued me for extra tax cf most other people because I was paid monthly on the 6th of the month on PAYE. This came about when I left the relevant employer (who did this to delay payment of tax collected and NI contributions to HMRC), and amounted to tax on an additional months money. HMRC have put me through three First Tier Tribunals, their Adjudicator, and I have been to the Parliamentary Ombudsman. I have contacted MP`s of all parties, and the lot have said its just my "bad luck", pay up and shut up!
Finally HMRC have set their debt collectors on me, an outfit called Fredrickson International, who have started harassing me for £363.27 and I have read worrying things about the latter on MSE.

I could just pay up, although I am outraged that these various elected and unelected public servants think they can trample all over Magna Carta but I the above debt is only half what HMRC were originally demanding in 2010 and I am concerned that if I pay, Fredrickson will come back for more money. If I don't pay now, I am worried that Fredrickson will take me to Court, that the Judge will find against me (because the previous judges at the Tribunals told me that they agreed with my calculations but that "you could not beat HMRC" ) and that I will be charged for legal costs.

Have Fredrickson purchased my alleged debt off of HMRC?
Are Fredrickson a legitimate and reputable company (after reading previous threads on them...)?
What is my best course of action?

Comments

• sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,916 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Hi,
    I assume they have written to you ?
    What does it say in there letter, does it refer to "our client" ?

If so, they will only be acting for HMRC, they would tell you if they had purchased it.
    Tricky one this, as HMRC have powers to do all sorts of things to recoup unpaid tax.

You can offer them a lesser amount to settle, see if they would go for that, as long as you get it in writing that any remaining balance will not be pursued, it's not going to go away unfortunatly, I understand you feel aggrieved about the situation, but it would probebly be a good idea to put this one to bed as soon as possible.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure