minecraft on xbox one

Does anyone know the answer to this?

I recently got my daughter an xbox one to play Minecraft on. Turns out all her friends who play have 360s and the two can't play online. Xbox one being backward compatible is it possible to just buy the 360 version to play on xbox one and then play with her friends that way?

Cheers

Replies

• Tlg1991Tlg1991 Forumite
    178 Posts
    You can't buy a 360 version for the xbox one. minecraft is not backward compatible, only a select number of titles are. they wouldn't make the 360 version work on the xbox one when they can just sell the xbox one version instead and make people pay again. and there is not way of playing across platform and probably never will be.

Your options , Buy a 360 with minecraft or wait till her friends get an xbox one, which you might be waiting a while.
    :j
  • edited 5 August 2015 at 12:47PM
    mustang121mustang121 Forumite
    329 Posts
    edited 5 August 2015 at 12:47PM
    Microsoft announced that later this summer they are making the Xbox One have backwards capability (essentially turning the Xbox one in to a 360 emulator)

Microsoft plan to have the biggest game collection on a console ever and it will add a ton of 360 games available on the One. Which will even allow the One Kinect features to be used on the 360 games.

They also said that anybody who bought a 360 game / downloadable content on the Microsoft market place doesn't have to re-pay either :)

Whether Minecraft will be added to the collection remains to be seen.

They also announced this will allow ONE users to play online with 360 Users.

EDIT: I've just re-read the above posts. Have I missed something? Has backward capability been released already? I haven't been on in a few days.
  • Tlg1991Tlg1991 Forumite
    178 Posts
    mustang121 wrote: »
    Microsoft announced that later this summer they are making the Xbox One have backwards capability (essentially turning the Xbox one in to a 360 emulator)

Microsoft plan to have the biggest game collection on a console ever and it will add a ton of 360 games available on the One. Which will even allow the One Kinect features to be used on the 360 games.

They also said that anybody who bought a 360 game / downloadable content on the Microsoft market place doesn't have to re-pay either :)

Whether Minecraft will be added to the collection remains to be seen.

They also announced this will allow ONE users to play online with 360 Users.

EDIT: I've just re-read the above posts. Have I missed something? Has backward capability been released already? I haven't been on in a few days.

I already use the backward compatibility on my xbox one as i am a preview beta member. there is a only a select list they are cherry picking to work backward. this list if your interested is in the link.

http://uk.ign.com/wikis/xbox-one/Xbox_One_Backward_Compatibility_Game_List
    :j
  • mustang121mustang121 Forumite
    329 Posts
    The only game I would like to revisit is the Mass Effect trilogy + DLC.

I was hoping for a re-mastered version of ME 1, but that seems doubtful now.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Fans demand refunds from Leeds Festival

...after Rage Against The Machine pulls out

MSE News

The 'Ask An Expert' event

Check out last week's energy-themed Q&A with MSE's experts

MSE Forum

Free museums & galleries

Where to get your culture fix across the UK

MSE Deals