We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING
Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Any ideas how to clip my backpack straps together?
melanzana
Posts: 3,953 Forumite
Hi everyone.
I go walking a lot. I have a great daypack that fits everything I need and is comfortable on my back.
Problem is, the shoulder straps sometimes fall down. There are two long straps left after adjustment, so I usually just tie them together at the front to keep the shoulder straps on!
I was wondering if anyone had any ideas as to how I could clip the excess straps across my front? I tried a safety pin, but it didn't last five minutes.
I know I can buy a backpack with a front fastening, but I love this one, just need to find a solution!
I hope you can picture what I mean
I go walking a lot. I have a great daypack that fits everything I need and is comfortable on my back.
Problem is, the shoulder straps sometimes fall down. There are two long straps left after adjustment, so I usually just tie them together at the front to keep the shoulder straps on!
I was wondering if anyone had any ideas as to how I could clip the excess straps across my front? I tried a safety pin, but it didn't last five minutes.
I know I can buy a backpack with a front fastening, but I love this one, just need to find a solution!
I hope you can picture what I mean
0
Comments
-
For a very cheap and easy version of the ones you buy how about using 2 large safety pins on the straps as guide loops, then using some elastic to tie the straps together? You could unpin one of the safety pins to release it.:mad: :j:D:beer::eek::A:p:rotfl::cool::):(:T0
-
This round both straps - maybe with a few stiches to keep it the right height.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Compression-Strap-with-Quick-Release-Buckle-25mm-wide-40-180-cm-length-/291511858620?var=&hash=item43df75f5bc
Or quick release buckle and thread it onto the existing straps.But a banker, engaged at enormous expense,Had the whole of their cash in his care.
Lewis Carroll0 -
Mini bungee straps? These look good value for just £1
http://www.poundland.co.uk/karabina-bungee-strap-assorted-colours:heartpuls The best things in life aren't things :heartpuls
2017 Grocery challenge £110.00 per week/ £5720 a year
0 -
Great suggestions folks. Thank you so much.
Amazing what a group of people can suggest. My mind is blank!
I will try as many as I can and see what works best. Now that I have some great ideas!
I hope you all don't think I am a bit mad or anything, I just really like the pack as it is, so lightweight and comfortable. Just needed a solution for the shoulder straps falling down!
Thank you again. Great community here.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
