We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING
Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Broth ingredients
remorseless
Posts: 1,221 Forumite
maybe a silly question, where do you get bones, etc to make home-made broth/stock?
I don't have a butcher nearby
supermarket don't seem to sell bones?
I don't have a butcher nearby
0
Comments
-
remorseless wrote: »maybe a silly question, where do you get bones, etc to make home-made broth/stock?
I don't have a butcher nearby
supermarket don't seem to sell bones?
I freeze my bones from sunday roasts and use them to make a stock and if I have a chicken, I strip it and use the carcass for chicken stock.I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.0 -
The butcher at our local Morrisons sometimes has bones.
Otherwise, you'll need to travel to a butcher's shop - search the web - eg. http://www.fieldandflower.co.uk/buy/beef-stock-bones-1kg_211.htm.
If you want to make broth for its nutrition, raw bones are best.0 -
You could just buy your meat on the bone and then bone it out yourself.0
-
Chicken not a problem. Plenty of supermarket beef joints have bones. Most Lamb joints do.
Don't really understand the problem.0 -
not really a problem, I guess I am used to supermarket where they just sell a mix of bones pack for stock/broth.
Nothing that couple of chicken drumstick can't solve!0 -
we move threads if we think they’ll get more help elsewhere (please read the forum rule) so this post/thread has been moved to another board. If you have any questions about this policy please email [EMAIL="forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com"]forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com[/EMAIL].0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
