We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Best mop bucket???

I've used so many cheapies over the years. My current mop bucket has a handle that keeps popping out, and the bit for squeezing out your mop keeps coming off.

So time for a good quality mop bucket.

Any ideas?
:j got married 3rd May 2013 :beer:

Comments

  • Owain_Moneysaver
    Owain_Moneysaver Posts: 11,393 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Suppliers of proper commercial cleaning products will have buckets, mops etc that are far stronger than the tat offered to consumers. Example
    A kind word lasts a minute, a skelped erse is sair for a day.
  • Callie22
    Callie22 Posts: 3,444 Forumite
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    I bought a Vileda one a couple of years ago and it's still going strong. I'd recommend it - I bought it to replace a cheap one and I completely agree that it's annoying when the wringer section pops off!
  • Cheap ones are beyond the pail. :p
  • I bought an old fashioned galvanised mop bucket for £5
    Its one solid monster!!!
  • danih
    danih Posts: 454 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Thank you for all the replies! Am googling all suggested options.

    I'm usually a big fan of cheap and cheerful, but 3 or 4 pounds every few weeks for something that doesn't work, is highly irritating.
    :j got married 3rd May 2013 :beer:
  • dandy-candy
    dandy-candy Posts: 2,214 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    I actually use one from poundland and it's great. It's about half the size of a normal one so isn't too heavy to carry when there's water in it, and it easily fits in a cupboard. This is my second one, the first lasted nearly two years until I left it outdoors and someone hit it with the lawnmower and cracked it!
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.