Confused about final payslip

Options
Hi,

I left my job on the 22nd July and received my final payslip via email from IRIS OpenPayslips today.

My payslips list my monthly salary (£1424.50), bonus and overtime in the left hand column while the right hand column lists deductions (unpaid sickness, tax etc.) from that monthly salary.

The left hand column on my final payslip is showing my monthly salary as £1052.00, my overtime (which is correct), my holiday (which is -£690.37) and back pay of £460.25. The only deductions are PAYE and NIC even though I had one sick day.
There have been mid-term reviews the week before I left and pay rises around the company, which I wasn't included in as I had already handed in my notice. So why do I have back pay?

Also, why on my final payslip is my monthly salary is down as £1052.00, which would put me on £12,624 per year, when all my other payslips list my monthly salary as £1424.50 regardless of deductions in tax and sickness?

Comments

• Suewre
    Suewre Posts: 624 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi,

I left my job on the 22nd July

Also, why on my final payslip is my monthly salary is down as £1052.00, which would put me on £12,624 per year, when all my other payslips list my monthly salary as £1424.50 regardless of deductions in tax and sickness?

£1,424.50*12 = £17,094 per year. £17,094 / 260 (working days in a year) * 16 (days worked in July) = £1,051.94. They have paid you up to the 22nd July, which was your final day.
    Quidco cashback paid out so far £745.89 :j
  • deathdigital
    Options
    Thanks for the reply Suewre.

I'm still a little confused as to why they didn't list the £1052.00 as my NET pay, but instead listed it as my monthly salary.
  • Suewre
    Suewre Posts: 624 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Your net pay is the amount you receive after deductions (tax, nic etc). Your salary is your salary for this month, in this case for 1st to 22nd of July. They might call it salary, monthly salary, reference salary, basic salary, or whatever they want, but it is your salary for this period. So it is correct that your salary is less than a full month, because you worked for less than a full month. And your back pay is exactly 7 working days, if that means anything to you.
    Quidco cashback paid out so far £745.89 :j
  • deathdigital
    Options
    Gotcha.

I've not worked a full month because of sickness before and it would still list my monthly salary as £1424.50. Sickness and tax deductions in the next column with NET pay underneath.
    I guess it's different as it's my final payslip and that's what confused me.

Appreciate your help.
  • Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,023 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I've not worked a full month because of sickness before and it would still list my monthly salary as £1424.50. Sickness and tax deductions in the next column with NET pay underneath.
    I guess it's different as it's my final payslip and that's what confused me.
    The difference is that in this final month you have not been employed for a full month.

Previously, you were employed for a full month, even though you weren't in attendance for the whole month because of sickness.
    Signature removed for peace of mind
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport