PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Marvellous Marrows!

Options
Hi there, courgette plants have gone into overdrive and due to heavy rain we let them go a bit wild. Massive marrows all round. Well I can't stand wasting things we have grown so I researched uses for marrow and spent all last evening making marrow chutney, we had stuffed marrow for dinner (surprisingly tasty) . Am going to give jam a go too.
Any other ideas? :).

All hail the much neglected marrow!

Comments

• Fruittea
    Fruittea Posts: 956 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Marrows are fantastic. I use some of the big ones sliced as lasagne leaves - layering them with a rich tomato sauce - it makes a very nice, moist lasagne. Fritters and pancakes are also very good - you just have to grate the marrow first, then salt them to get out some of the juice - drain and fry. You can also make courgette/marrow cake bread. Here's a link: http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/2534665/courgette-loaf-cake

I'm also fermenting them at the moment to use as a salad veg.

Good luck.
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    My grandmother used to make marrow & ginger jam. I remember it was delicious!
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure