B&M Bargains Cheap Food

edited 26 July 2015 at 9:22AM in Food Shopping & Groceries
15 replies 7.3K views
MollyDollyMollyDolly Forumite
845 Posts
Ninth Anniversary 500 Posts
edited 26 July 2015 at 9:22AM in Food Shopping & Groceries
I spend quite a bit in B&M Bargains, a lot of things are short dated but usually cheaper than the supermarkets. I buy the big tins of Ye Olde Oak Rustic Chicken & Pasta Soup, also the Rustic Pork and Lentil Soup - these are both sold at 59p - instead of the £1.49 as stated on tin. Today I also picked up a Chinese Savoury Rice from there - 25p, which is even cheaper than Aldi.

Never posted on here before - hope this ok.:)

Replies

• NargleblastNargleblast Forumite
    10.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    I recently found IAMS cat food in B & M, 800gsm for £3.99, compared with £4.49 in T*sco. Home [email protected] is also worth a look.
    One life - your life - live it!
  • Kernow666Kernow666 Forumite
    3.5K Posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    a new one has recently opened near me taking over the old homebase store
    pretty good selection of items and good prices compared with the big 4 & good you dont see as well a bit like home bargains
    "If I know I'm going crazy, I must not be insane"
  • They've taken over a big Homebase store near me as well.
    Was quite happy with what I bought there, but its a bit of a fiddly bus journey to do regularly.
    The best portion of your life will be the small, nameless moments you spend smiling with someone who matters to you.
  • PasturesNewPasturesNew Forumite
    70.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    There's one just 2 miles from me. When I've gone in I've always come out with some great buys - things on my "to get/cheap" list.

Last time I was in there I picked up a couple of cans of Goblin Irish Stew, about 60p/can. It's tasty and does for two meals, served with a bread roll as if it's a soup. I've also used these as a base for a quick stew/dumps.

I can't remember what else I got.

I don't buy much food, so don't see the need to make a special trip there (50p of fuel + the cost of other temptations while out).
  • sharond101sharond101 Forumite
    833 Posts
    They do Kernel King peanut butter which I am addicted to, 340g for 59p. Also a large sweet chilli sauce for 99p we like and crosse and blackwell noodles at 39p are nice too.
  • Linda32Linda32 Forumite
    4.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    We regularly look in both B&M and Home Bargains. We usually manage to find something interesting.

OH recommends the pickled onions which I think was from B&M with peppercorns in the vinegar.

Food wise I can think of tea, tinned meat and fish, soup and jam which they tend to have a lot of. Sometimes they have promotional items which are old stock as well.
  • mamanmaman Forumite
    26.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    so don't see the need to make a special trip there (50p of fuel + the cost of other temptations while out).

Same here. We've got a newish Home Bargains but I only pass it on the way to my hairdresser every 6 weeks or so. So I call in then and invariably they have a few bargains (well they would wouldn't they?;)). Bacon is good for £1, cheese can be good value, limited veg but often good quality, Flora is regularly £1. Always worth a browse.
  • Kernow666Kernow666 Forumite
    3.5K Posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    wht i like about B&M & Home Bargains is that they dont try and con you into thinking your getting a deal , they have multibuy deals yes but none of the supermarket ones like when something was £2 last week and its now a quid
    "If I know I'm going crazy, I must not be insane"
  • wyattewyatte Forumite
    165 Posts
    B&M ,products/toys-and-games/trampoline-and-outdoor-toys,many deals for child .
    Every time and every where don't forget to be happy.:rotfl:
  • MollyDollyMollyDolly Forumite
    845 Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 500 Posts
    They are also very good at end of season selling off garden stuff - seeds from 10p per pack, plants from 20p each etc - this was a few weeks ago - but more recently they have been selling garden canes for 20/50p per pack depending on the type of canes.

Pepsi and Coca Cola can also work out cheaper than supermarkets.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides