Power NI Solar Panels - ZNShine

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in N. Ireland
10 replies 2.7K views
gpduffygpduffy Forumite
118 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in N. Ireland
Hi - I got a quote from Power NI for 16 panels (4kWp) - ZHShine Solar Panels, Tranenergy Inverter and I-Boost for £5800

I'm not sure about the quality of the panels however - any anyone used the company before - they changed supplier in recent weeks

Thanks

Replies

• gpduffygpduffy Forumite
    118 Posts
    anyone at all used this company?
  • I did not use Power NI but three years ago I used Solmatix to install Solar PV panels on my house in Belfast.

They have been a good investment and I would recommend both PV as a technology and Solmatix as an installation company

Hope that helps
  • wacko911wacko911 Forumite
    677 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Fastbowler wrote: »
    I did not use Power NI but three years ago I used Solmatix to install Solar PV panels on my house in Belfast.

They have been a good investment and I would recommend both PV as a technology and Solmatix as an installation company

Hope that helps

Newbie with 2 posts, both for this same company.... hmmm. They must really have done a great job or else you have a vested interest perhaps?
  • Hi Wacko911

You have a very suspicious mind!!!

I just want to let you know that I have no vested interest whatsoever in Solmatix

All I can tell you is that Solmatix did do a really great job for me
    They even replaced some broken roof tiles that I did not know about free of charge!

As you point out I have indeed only made two comments on MSE
    Your comments would certainly discourage me from making any more comments in future

I do apologise for annoying you.

It is your choice whether or not to install a PV system with Solmatix or anyone else
    but my opinion is genuine and I am sorry that you are so cynical

Best Wishes
  • D.A.D.A. Forumite
    1.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    I'm thinking you maybe need to mention Solmatix a few more times in each post so that you can boost your search engine ratings even more.
  • Hello D.A.

Thanks for your comment

I had naively thought that the point of this forum was to discuss ways to save money in Northern Ireland. From my own experience I think that installing a PV system is an excellent way to save money on electricity in Northern Ireland.

I might be missing something but I do not see how your sarcastic comment would help anyone to save anything.
  • belfastgirl23belfastgirl23 Forumite
    8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    TBF if some poor soul is having to try to sell solar panels this summer then I'm not going to hound them about some promotional postings - they're gonna need all the help they can get.
  • Hi Belfast Girl,

Thanks for the friendlier and funny comment!

I promise you that I am not selling solar panels and despite what some people on here seem to think I have no connection or interest in any solar company apart from being a customer.

I would plead guilty however to being an advocate of the use of solar PV technology from any supplier as a very effective way to save money on electricity bills in Northern Ireland.
    It does work even in Northern Ireland in a poor summer!!
  • I found the previous powerni contractor to be quite expensive for Chinese panels and inverters which I had never heard of. I got a quote from solmatix but they were a bit expensive, although they seem to know their stuff. I tried a few others and eventually went with Ambergreen. The website has prices for all types of panels and inverters and they let you pay by credit card which I hope should give protection if they went bust? You should get at least 15% off these prices. Panels were fitted in a day and so far so good although I am still waiting on nie setting the meter so I can sell back unused leccy.
    Also remember the ROC payments are to change soon, making it less attractive from the end of October I think. Hope this helps and I have no shares in Ambergreen and will report back if things start to go wrong!
  • That's excellent Bantamfan

You have certainly enhanced the level of this discussion!

It is always good to hear of someone else deciding to install
    a PV system. I am sure that it will be a good investment for you
    and it will certainly save you a considerable amount on your electricity
    bills.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Tesco launches its first ever...

...checkout-free supermarket store

MSE News

25+ ways to stop scams

Plus what to do if you're a victim

MSE Guides