Failed fillings

Options
Hunkkk
Hunkkk Posts: 11 Forumite
edited 19 July 2015 at 4:25PM in Health & beauty MoneySaving
I had about 4 fillings all on the back teeth this month. However, they seem to hurt if I chew on them went back to the dentist twice to get it readjusted still I am experiencing the same pain.

Don't know what to do? I really don't want to keep going back to the same NHS dentist and still have the same issues with my teeth.

Comments

• brook2jack
    brook2jack Posts: 4,563 Forumite
    Options
    I'm guessing if you had four fillings on back teeth , it's either a while since you've seen a dentist or you have a diet very high in sugar.

If that is the case the fillings are likely to be quite deep/large ie close to the nerve . They may take time to settle or may need further treatment. That is not the dentists fault, they are only trying to repair the damage done to your teeth. Unfortunately extensive damage can be difficult to repair and difficult to get a tooth to settle down.

If you see another NHS dentist you will have to pay another set of charges if you need further treatment. If you are in England or Wales and need further treatment in the next two months in the same band then you will not have to pay again.
  • Hunkkk
    Hunkkk Posts: 11 Forumite
    Options
    brook2jack wrote: »
    I'm guessing if you had four fillings on back teeth , it's either a while since you've seen a dentist or you have a diet very high in sugar.

If that is the case the fillings are likely to be quite deep/large ie close to the nerve . They may take time to settle or may need further treatment. That is not the dentists fault, they are only trying to repair the damage done to your teeth. Unfortunately extensive damage can be difficult to repair and difficult to get a tooth to settle down.

If you see another NHS dentist you will have to pay another set of charges if you need further treatment. If you are in England or Wales and need further treatment in the next two months in the same band then you will not have to pay again.
    Hi, these were small fillings. I still don't understand why this pain is returning even though they have clearly tried to fix it twice. I am not only having sensitivity to biting on food I also have a swollen gum on top of the filled teeth. Before my fillings I had no problems at all with my teeth the teeth just got worse after the fillings. I have ever been to a dentist about 5 times
  • brook2jack
    brook2jack Posts: 4,563 Forumite
    Options
    There are a myriad of reasons why your teeth may still be painful and your gums are swollen. Only a dentist who can see you, your teeth and x rays can tell what the problem is. it may be that you have an abcess but only a dentist who can see you can tell.
  • justme111
    justme111 Posts: 3,508 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Go to another dentist. Preferably private.
    The word "dilemma" comes from Greek where "di" means two and "lemma" means premise. Refers usually to difficult choice between two undesirable options.
    Often people seem to use this word mistakenly where "quandary" would fit better.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure