Vow Renewal

Is anyone else renewing their vows or has renewed them recently. We are renewing ours next year for our 40th anniversary and are looking for ideas. We already have a venue and celebrant booked and are looking for decoration ideas. We were asked if we wanted an aisle to walk down and I am not sure but if I don't walk down the aisle what do I do.

Comments

• arbrighton
    arbrighton Posts: 2,011 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    You could walk in together?
  • swampduck
    swampduck Posts: 962 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    My Brother in law and his wife recently renewed their vows and everyone had a delightful day. The 'groomsmen' were smartly dressed in black trousers, winter white dinner jackets with dress shirts and bow ties and all of them looked really handsome. The bride was in a knee length cream dress and everyone else was in smart wedding outfits. We all had buttonholes/corsages to colour match our outfits. A coach was laid on to take guests from the church to the venue - whilst a stretch limo took the wedding party along with champagne and balloons. The venue was a marquee set in a local pub garden and was beautifully decorated with all the little touches that meant things to the bride and groom. The meal was waiter/waitress served and we had access to a garden bar, background music was all chosen by the couple, gorgeous cake the lot!!
    The sky is the limit - you really can have anything and everything that you and your husband want.
    Have fun choosing what you want and then enjoy the day itself.
    Ooh and congratulations!!

Swampy
    Expect the worst, hope for the best, and take what comes!!:o
  • craftygran
    craftygran Posts: 109 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Thank you for the replies, I think we will walk in from the sides of the room. My sister in law is making a cake, she made our cake when we got married, and doing decorations for the tables.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure