GP surgery taking me off the patient register list what are my rights?

Options
I have been registered at the same Doctors practice all of my life and have a preference to see a particular doctor there.

Today i received a letter stating:

"I have been informed that your home address falls outside of our practice area. Therefore you are required to re-register with a GP surgery closer to your home."

"You will remain registered with a new practice or until 30 days from the date of this letter has been reached. After 30 days, we will automatically deduct you from our patient register"

What are my rights here? Do i have any options to appeal or not move?

The other surgery in the area is about the same distance away.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

Comments

• moneyistooshorttomention
    Options
    There is an overall medical body for each District - I cant recall its name right now.

If anyone has difficulty in getting a doctors practice to take them on - as they all refuse to - then the patient goes to this body and they force one of the practices to take the patient on.

If both possible doctor practices are the same distance from your home - then I guess the answer is to ask the other practice to take you on instead.

If 2nd practice refuses (ie they are "full up" too and looking for excuses to kick out people from their list) - then you contact that NHS overall body and tell them the facts and say that you obviously require to be with one of these practices and you would prefer to remain with existing practice. Followed by asking them to "allocate" you to one of the practices (ie impose you onto one of them in plain language).
  • Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,329 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Your identical question and answers on the other thread

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=68800324&highlight=#post68800324
    Ex forum ambassador

Long term forum member
  • AdventureRocks
    Options
    Apologies i was not sure how to merge threads , could i keep this one and delete the other?

Thank you
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport