We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Liz Earle Has Been Sold By Avon

Options
Yes, they bought it in 2010 as most know, now they have sold LE to Walgreens/Boots(yes that Boots the Chemist), Walgreens are sort of like Woolworths.

http://www.expressandstar.com/business/city-news/2015/07/09/boots-owner-in-140m-liz-earle-deal/

Comments

• VanyaHargreeves
    Options
    so liz earle counters are soon to get a prime spot in the beauty hall...
    Undergrad law student. Take my advice with a pinch of salt! :rotfl:
  • System
    System Posts: 178,107 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    so liz earle counters are soon to get a prime spot in the beauty hall...
    They are already. Im sure i saw a Liz Earle stand in my local Boots store.
  • donnac2558
    donnac2558 Posts: 3,611 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Yes, Liz Earle has been in my local Boots since last year.
  • jenniewb
    jenniewb Posts: 12,836 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I thought everyone was aware of this- they were selling from Avon a few years ago and it was via MSE that I found out the brand had been sold. I think there is a thread about it somewhere from years back if you want to read more, people were not happy if I remember rightly as the ingredients changed for some of the products and cheaper less effective brands were used.
  • donnac2558
    donnac2558 Posts: 3,611 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Yes jenniewb. but now Avon has sold it on to the Walgreens(who bought Boots earlier this year)company, so now own by a US drugstore company.

You won't get the 3 for 2 for sure.:rotfl:
  • jenniewb
    jenniewb Posts: 12,836 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    donnac2558 wrote: »
    Yes jenniewb. but now Avon has sold it on to the Walgreens(who bought Boots earlier this year)company, so now own by a US drugstore company.

You won't get the 3 for 2 for sure.:rotfl:
    Why not- if Boots have some sort of ownership I'd have thought they'd have more power with the prices. I'd keep an eye on the ingredients if you use it a lot (it never really worked for me so I didn't) but if what goes in to it does change, surely they'd be trying to sell off all the old stock some time soon...

Given the absolute Noooooo! which was the overall feeling when Avon bought the brand, I'd have thought it already couldn't have gotten any worse and that already people had turned away- are people now happy Avon bought the brand as oppose to Boots/Walgreens?

And if anyone wants another brand worth trying instead of C&P; Lush have a product called Ultra Bland. Used alone it's like a waxy cream which is difficult to get off your skin. But used with a muslin cloth it's pretty excellent for dry skin and you only need a little to get a good result. C&P didn't work for me because I never really felt it cleaned by skin enough (it may have done, I just didn't feel (physically feel) as though my skin was clean.
    Eve Lom (if your loaded or have money to burn!) is another good alternative and I've heard others talk about a product from Superdrug being a suitable alternative.
  • luvchocolate
    luvchocolate Posts: 3,272 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    the superdrug vitamin E hot cloth cleanser is brilliant I have tried most of this range and now use it all the time, when they have offers on I stock up, I like Liz Earle but found it too expensive, although I still use the orange body wash because I love the smell.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport