We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Avon slight of hand with Next Day Delivery

Options
Hi All

Just a warning if you are ever tempted to buy from Avon's website and pay for the next day delivery.

Although it says that you get your parcel the next day if you place an order before 1pm this is not true. You get it the next day if they ship it before 1pm. However, my parcel was shipped after 1pm on Monday and turned up on Tuesday at 18:45 by the notorious Hermes. Avon, even this morning, is insisting that the parcel is due today, so their computer system is not up to date, and that it will arrive before 5pm (which it didn't).

They are also persisting in saying that their website says "shipped" not "placed". Given that the customer has no control on when Avon ships why would anyone pay £5.50 for next day delivery?

I've also learned that their customer services department are useless and tell you inaccurate information. When you challenge it they just keep repeating what they said over and over until you give up the will to live and hang up. Their emails follow the same pattern: apparently if you say misinformation 12 times it makes it right :mad:

I am currently trying to get them to provide the correct information on their website or to follow the delivery information that is currently up, and to provide a delivery window so that customers know that their parcel may arrive after 5pm.

Comments

• ellie99
    ellie99 Posts: 1,551 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    You haven't said which day you actually placed your order, which would help readers follow what has gone wrong.

If you could live one day of your life over again, which day would you choose?
  • flippin-nora
    Options
    I placed the order at 9:15am on Monday, which according to their website, means that the next day delivery would be tuesday. They have been back in touch with a cut and paste response from their previous email telling me that my parcel is coming today (wed) even though it came last night, and that it will be before 5pm (which it wasn't). They really do seem to think that placing an order is the same as shipping an order. Unfortunately, psychic powers are not my forte and when I placed the order - believing that as it was before 1pm it would be next day - I had no idea that they mean the day after it shipped.

If they would just swap "placed" to "shipped" on their website then I would have no cause for complaint. Although I wouldn't pay £5.50 for "next day or maybe the day after".
  • fixx
    fixx Posts: 792 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I’m not sure I follow – you placed the order early on Monday, and asked for next day delievery. As you ‘placed’ it before 1pm (as per their website) you expected the next day delievery to get it to you on Tuesday, and you say they did try to deliver it on Tuesday.

Why were you expecting it on Wednesday? I agree it’s odd their website says now it would be delivered on Wednesday (today) when the next day delivery was in force to deliver it on Tuesday, and they did, but I think the delivery service met its promise (unless they specifically say any delivery is before 5pm, at which point delivering at 6.45pm is not on).
  • tomtontom
    tomtontom Posts: 7,929 Forumite
    edited 8 July 2015 at 4:11PM
    Options
    Your order was less than two hours late. Is it really worth making a fuss about?

Edit - looking at the delivery information page it doesn't state a 5pm cut off for delivery, just that it will be delivered by Hermes.
  • ellie99
    ellie99 Posts: 1,551 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Okay, they seem to have no idea what they're talking about now, but you've got the parcel?
    I placed the order at 9:15am on Monday, which according to their website, means that the next day delivery would be tuesday.

Although it says that you get your parcel the next day if you place an order before 1pm this is not true.
    However my parcel was shipped after 1pm on Monday and turned up on Tuesday at 18:45 by the notorious Hermes.

So you ordered on Monday, and received on Tuesday?
    So it is true that you received next day delivery?

If you could live one day of your life over again, which day would you choose?
  • flippin-nora
    Options
    The point is that if any of you go for next day delivery and aim to get it the following day (say the following day you're not working but in two days time you are) then you only get next day delivery if THEY post it before 1pm. The website says that you have to PLACE your order before 1pm. How on earth do you know that they are going to post it before 1pm? Isn't the fact that they say placed the order and not shipped the order on their website misleading? When they ship is completely out of your control.

Maybe it is just me, but I go for next day delivery because I am going to be home the following day and not on any other day of the week. If it isn't guaranteed next day when I place the order I wouldn't order.

Avon this afternoon still persist that my parcel was coming today (wed) despite telling them several times that I have received it.

I was only trying to warn anyone who shops with Avon online. The rest of the information was just context to wrap your heads around it (and a wee bit of a vent because Avon don't seem to actually read their emails).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport