Can I earn £100 a week working from home?

Options
Hi all first post so a quick bit about myself before my question. I live in the UK. I have health problems so can not get out much or get a normal job. At the moment I am self employed. I fix computers from home but business is very slow so I want to pack it in to try something different that will bring in at least £100 a week. In the past I have done Betterware and Kleeneazy but I can not do them at the moment. Recently I have tried surveys but did not get anywhere with them, they seem like too much work for very little reward. I need to start earning some regular money. Is it possible for someone like me to earn £100 a week working from home?

Comments

• CKhalvashi
    CKhalvashi Posts: 12,060 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Dropshipping for few £ profit per item? I know of some MSEr's doing chat lines?

There are many options.
    💙💛 💔
  • Catwoman1975
    Catwoman1975 Posts: 378 Forumite
    edited 7 July 2015 at 9:13AM
    Options
    I earn at least £100 a week easily from Web Search Evaluation and have done for several years. Sounds perfect for you as you are already self employed and I imagine computer literate. I work for Leapforce, but otehr companies offer it too
    https://www.leapforceathome.com/qrp/public/jobs/list?uref=420b3c78396d55dcfb12cfdda8ed6ad4

or search the board for the companies that offer it Leapforce, Lionbridge or Appen.

Web Search Evaluation has given me a reliable and regular income for many years and I feel is opne of the best options for people wanting to work from home.
  • Double_V
    Double_V Posts: 912 Forumite
    Options
    I earn at least £100 a week easily from Web Search Evaluation and have done for several years. Sounds perfect for you as you are already self employed and I imagine computer literate. I work for Leapforce, but otehr companies offer it too
    https://www.leapforceathome.com/qrp/public/jobs/list?uref=420b3c78396d55dcfb12cfdda8ed6ad4

or search the board for the companies that offer it Leapforce, Lionbridge or Appen.

Web Search Evaluation has given me a reliable and regular income for many years and I feel is opne of the best options for people wanting to work from home.

What exactly do we need to do ?
    And is the income steady ?
  • DomRavioli
    DomRavioli Posts: 3,136 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Depends on the company and the task you're doing OP. There's threads on each of the companies on MSE, a quick search should help you.
  • Catwoman1975
    Catwoman1975 Posts: 378 Forumite
    Options
    Double_V wrote: »
    What exactly do we need to do ?
    And is the income steady ?

The income is very steady, but I cannot discuss the work in detail as all evaluators have to sign a Non Disclosure Agreement. There are posts about all the companies on the Boost Your Income board.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,097 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    You say you've done Betterware etc in the past, you could do another similar business, which doesn't require you to go out delivery and collecting. I do Juice Plus, which I can do from home. No need to deliver brochures or orders with that.

Not sure about other marketing businesses like Herbal Life etc and how they work.

Do you have any other skills you could do from home? If so join something like peopleperhour and apply for freelance work on there.

I know some people make a living from blogging. I've just started to blog, but don't think I'm far enough in yet to look at earning from it.
  • edave
    edave Posts: 8 Forumite
    edited 7 July 2015 at 11:37PM
    Options
    Thank you for your replies, you have given me so good advice. I have applied to Lionbridge and am looking at other options as well.
    Regarding Juice Plus, do you have to pay to join?
    Unfortunately I do not have any skills that lend themselves to freelance work.
  • edave
    edave Posts: 8 Forumite
    Options
    I've been looking round the forum, am I right to be disregarding survey websites? Some of the things that got on my nerves when I last tried (I think it was inbox pounds) were getting thrown out of the survey half way through so not getting paid and having to sign up to multiple sites because there weren't enough surveys on offer directly. If I joined Clixsense is it worth the time and effort just doing the surveys and tasks offered by them? How much do people earn in a typical month sticking to just one website?
  • asajj
    asajj Posts: 5,123 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    edave wrote: »
    I've been looking round the forum, am I right to be disregarding survey websites? Some of the things that got on my nerves when I last tried (I think it was inbox pounds) were getting thrown out of the survey half way through so not getting paid and having to sign up to multiple sites because there weren't enough surveys on offer directly. If I joined Clixsense is it worth the time and effort just doing the surveys and tasks offered by them? How much do people earn in a typical month sticking to just one website?

Everyone has different experiences with different websites. For some Inbox Pounds is good while for other isn't. That's why you need to try and see what works for you. Demographics are a big part of the surveys so it depends on the person.
    ally.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,097 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    edave wrote: »
    Thank you for your replies, you have given me so good advice. I have applied to Lionbridge and am looking at other options as well.
    Regarding Juice Plus, do you have to pay to join?
    Unfortunately I do not have any skills that lend themselves to freelance work.

There is a £50 joining fee with Juice Plus, but you can get that back in three sales. That's the only outgoing as you get an online office to put orders through and there's no obligation to go to events.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure